1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best compliment you've ever received?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mystery, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Mystery

Hey everybody. So I've kinda had a crappy/fail/crash and burn kinda week and to lift my spirits, I thought of the best compliment that I've gotten. I came from my mother a long time ago. She said "Even if you weren't my son, I would still want to know you as a person." and for some reason, it stayed with me. What's the best compliment you've gotten that stuck with you? and who did it come from?

2. TheJoker

"The reason i'm still having an affair with you, you were great in sex when we were in relationship."

Fair enough :lol:

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My old roommate once told me, "You may be the smartest atheist I've ever met," after I concluded a theological discussion between us by saying that, shown enough evidence, I would believe in God. That's stuck with me quite a bit, though it didn't stick with me nearly as much as something another one of my friends said, which isn't a compliment per se, but it did follow one. This was when there was a fad going around on Facebook to have people PM you a number, and you'd post a status update beginning with that number where you would say what you thought about the person. A friend of mine began hers about me by saying that I'm "One of [her] favorite people ever, seriously," which I suppose is a compliment, but it's what she said after that that really stuck with me: "So, basically, my favorite thing about you is that beneath your verbosity and sometimes callous exterior, you are the biggest softy. Like, ever." She really hit the nail on the head there.

4. Zontar

"You're not as bad looking as, like, the elephant man or anything..."

5. Beachboi92

‎"I don't need to compliment you, you already no that you are the most amazing thing in the universe and the big bang was actually the thought of you, and you are the center pushing everything apart and creating all new things. Because you ARE the most amazing person ever created"

i have nice friends?

6. Saikou7

My 5th grade teacher told me "Your brain is like a sponge! It just retains everything! I wish all my students were like you because I would have the easiest job in the world.:

That one has stuck with me forever :icon_bigg

Recently, my (straight, male) best friend told me "I wish I had your body. I would walk around naked. If I can't have that body, I want it in my bed *wink"

He was joking about the last part, bit wow..... :icon_redf
    He made me feel amazing :lol:

7. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

student: heyy do you have some change for the bus?
    Me: no :0
    student: really? aren't u like rich or something?
    Me: what makes you say that? :s
    student: you're always dressed nice and stuff
    Me: really? thanx :icon_redf

Also this one:

Teacher: You are a very polite young man, I wish there were more students like you on student council, see students this is a very well behaved student!...
    (then he said to me) please tell your teacher moderators that Mr.______ said this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Me: Thanx :icon_redf

8. MercuryLampe

One that made me all smiley inside was just today, actually :3 I was in a Japanese competition with juniors (I had to skip a grade of Japanese class, long story xD), and I got a few answers right that no one else had known, and my teammates (who are the sweetest things <3) all gave me hugs and said, "You are awesome!"

It really made me happy ^_^

9. Frer3

One of my friends once walked up to me randomly during school and started staring at my face. I asked her what she was doing, and she said...

"You know, you do have really pretty eyes."

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

"I like your hair"
    "If I were younger I'd marry you"
    "Your too much of a nice person"
    "Your too nice"

I don't think I want to be nice.........

11. GhostDog

Joey has given me many excellent compliments, because he is a sweetheart. =P

I have also been told I have really pretty eyes. It makes me grin!

Aaaand one particular conversation with a teacher has stuck with me.
    I said, "Mrs. Metcalf! Guess what! I aced the English portion of the SAT! Perfect score!"
    And she said, "I'm not surprised."

Ehe. =D

And usually when I take friends home to meet my family, I get told something like, "Your family is awesome. Seriously, you guys are the best." Kind of a collective thing, I suppose, but I love my family to death and it makes me all warm and fuzzy when people tell me how much they like them. =3

<DORK> AND, in World of Warcraft, back when it was damn hard to be a good feral bear tank and it involved maneuvering the mobs into your cone o' swipe while trying to see around your enormous furry ass in a tiny hallway, frantically tab targeting to stack lacerate enough to keep mob #3 from running off to attack the healer... Not only would I get compliments on my tanking, my guild leader would get compliments for my bear tanking. Aw yeah. </DORK>

12. musican

The part about Joey is very true for me too. I swear he's the only person who hears me sing xD

And the dork part of this made me lol soooo much xD I'm glad I played for a bit so that I can sort of understand what you mean xD :slight_smile:

13. TraceElement

A coworker said to me "you know I don't say this enough to you. I know that if you are on shift, I know it will be a good shift and everything will get done, and it will just go smoothly. I love working with you because you make shifts easy. You come in, do your work, and make sure the other staff are supported, and you get along with everyone. You also are willing to work 18 hour shifts and come in on your days off, and don't complain. I really do wish we had more people like you here. Thank you." And this is from a coworker who rarely gives compliments, so for her to say that made my day.

A manager walked up to me a few weeks ago and said "Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I hope I never see the day you leave, because then we would be fucked." And a few days later, he said "Dang, those overnights are stuggling without you on their shift."

14. "You know, you're stronger than people give you credit for"

or

"Paige, you are and always have been a beautiful person"

or

"Look at that, you have the same eyes as Megan Fox!" < this one made me laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh so hard.

15. RaRa

"I wish I had your eyes."

That one always makes me feel good. <3

16. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The queer organisation I work for has a forum, and when one newbie asked how she could convince her mother to let her go to an event. I mentioned that she could get her mother to speak to me or another crew member, and a friend of mine posted "Get your mother to talk to Maddy. Maddy is amazing." About four people posted agreeing and I pretty much grinned my face off.

Also, there was an anon post here months ago addressed to me calling me "talented, beautiful and intelligent" and it made my month.

17. Ben

Ben

I love when people hit on me. That's fun. Sometimes (mostly) it's creepy though.

Otherwise, compliments towards me are nice. I don't really have a favourite or best one, because I'm filled with a warm glow each time someone says something for real nice to me : D

18. Helen

Helen Guest

"You're WEIRD...in a refreshingly awesome way."

19. nate16

this ones a bit odd, but kinda true. after the drag show someone told me, "you walk in heels better than any girl i know" that made me happy lol xD

20. Lotty

My sister has been telling me for sixteen years now that I can't sing. So it was kinda strange when we had to sing solo in singing class and one of my friends said: 'Your sister is just jealous.'

And when I was fourteen, I was at a swimming pool, and there was a little girl (about 10 years old) with her sister or something (about 17). The little girl slipped but I could catch her before she hit the ground, and we (little girl, sister, and I) started talking. Suddenly we were talking about ages.
    Little girl: how old are you?
    Me: how old do you think I am?
    Little girl: 16/17?
    Me: *laughing* I just turned fourteen
    Little girl's sis: really? I thought you were older, too. About 16. You look so grown up.