1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating and texting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XxToshixX, Mar 20, 2011.

1. XxToshixX

Okay, so as I'm sure a lot of you know, texting is a big part of communication these days and a lot of people, especially teens use it as a main form of communication. When teena are dating many of them text on the phone rather than text for whatever reason, and it is just common courtesy to at least try to hold up a decent conversation, rather than just one word replies, or the dreaded "k". Well I have started dating this boy who is a real sweetheart but his texting etiquette is pretty bad. He replies withone word sentences and k all the time and like we can't see eachother every day so textig is a good way for us to talk, and when I try to have like a full length conversation and all I get is k in return it gets frustrating. I've tried to talking to him about it but still nothing =/ maybe he will warm up eventually, idk

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know when I text, I either give a short reply or none at all if I wasn't asked something or have nothing to say about what I read. Do you ask questions in your texts or are they just statements? Are the questions you ask really simple? Maybe he just doesn't like texting.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why not just dial the number, and talk to him. If you are already spending time on writing texts for a full length conversation, might as well talk to him. :slight_smile:

Plus, as the previous poster mentioned, he might not like texting all that much. I text a lot but if I have a choice between texting and talking, I'll dial the number and talk.

4. Flyers2011

Some people are bad texters. My one ex is. SHe loved the one word response. In fact, she was a master of the art.

You might just have to live with his little quirk. Actually, not doing full length paragraphs in texting leads to richer conversation when you're actually speaking (face to face or over the phone). You can tell stories and make jokes and he can hear certain inflections in your voice, etc. Plus, it's no fun to tell someone everything they need to know about you over a text. The sincerity isn't there.

5. starfish

I'm the same way. Text messages are for short messages that do not need a detailed nor time critical reply.

If want to have a conversation or a detailed reply is needed then just give me a call. In fact if you send me more than 2 text message in less than 5 minutes I'll just give you a call.

So you like this guy and he is not into texting why not just give him a call?

6. Idonteven

my best-friend hates talking on phones, so the only way we have to communicate sometimes is via text, however he's not a big texter, often times its hard to hold up a decent conversation because he doesn't always answer questions fully. Then again he doesn't always get my texts due to bad signal / his crappy phone.

7. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I hate texting when it comes to relationships! With the one boyfriend I had, we always had to text because he was so deep in the closet. He was a horrible texter, and everything got misunderstood, nothing seemed genuine, and it was an absolutely miserable experience.

I think after that experience, I will be much less of a texter when I get a boyfriend again.

Maybe something like that has happened to him; try calling if you can.