1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

prop 8 essay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Danny19, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Danny19

Hey guys i need some help. Im doing an essay for my political science class about the proposition 8 campaign. Ive been working on it a while and i cant find any more information. Noonprop8.com has seem to shut down and i cant get any info from them. do you guys know somewhere i can find information about the campaign that isnt wikipedia or anything like that. thanks!

2. Flyers2011

I would try the official California court site, as well as major newspaper and magazine websites.

Do you have access to any kind of databases like Lexus Nexus or EBSCO host?

3. Ianthe

Go to the news tab for google and search for proposition 8. (You might get better results if you use the full word "proposition" rather than just "prop.") In the google news search, there is a set of date filters on the left, so you can find news articles from the dates that you want.

also: http://www.noh8campaign.com/

How does your teacher feel about original sources? You might see if you can interview a couple who was married before prop 8 went into effect, or a couple that wants to get married but now can't. You could also contact and talk to local political organizers in your area.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might rent 8: The Mormon Proposition. Likely biased, but from what I'm told (haven't seen it yet) it exposes some info that wasn't previously available.

5. lostinthought9

Like someone mentioned above, databases are a great place for information. We commonly use JSTOR or Academic Search Complete. You should have access to this from your university library database site.

Anyways, good luck with the assignment, and let us know how well you do! :slight_smile:
    (Btw, are you a PoliSci major?)

6. Danny19

oooh wow thanks guys. ima try a few of these for my final draft.. i think i have access to those sites..

@lostinthought9- thanks... i hope i do well. and im not a polisci major, i actually hate it..lol. im taking it cuz i need it..lol