1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Object Sexuality.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shevanel, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Shevanel

So, I found this accidentally, but I find it to be really interesting.
    Object Sexuality is when people fall in love and are sexually attracted to inanimate objects, such as the Eiffel Tower, among other examples in this video.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h93Q_RruQJY[/YOUTUBE]

All 5 parts are on youtube, and this is the first part. It's just really amazing how far the spectrum of sexuality can stretch.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um.... the golden gate bridge can't love her...

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2011 at 02:13 PM ----------

I think she is loony.

#2 Austin, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  3. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Crazy people. I think it's a troll video.

4. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was on channel four a few years ago, if I remember correctly, so It's not trolling

5. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

It could be made just for comedic affect. There are tons of fake-documentaries like that.

And I have no idea what your Channel Four is.

6. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was actually on Five (Channel four and Channel five are 2 of the 5 terestrial tv channels in britain) and channel five just doesn't do comedy, they show cheap documentaries, some expensive documentaries, old straight to tv movies and neighbours... (also CSI)
    They wouldn't have doesne somethink liek this as a joke

7. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Fascinating. I'm speechless.

8. Now that we've established that this documentary was done in a serious manner, I must point out the rather disrespectful nature of a couple of responses so far. Personally, and perhaps this is just me being open-minded to an extreme degree, but from what I saw, none of these people are doing anything that directly harms anyone. If someone falls in love with an inanimate object and gets married to it, who cares? They certainly don't deserve ridicule or condemnation for their sexuality, in my opinion.

That being said, I found this to be extremely interesting, as well, so thank you for sharing, Joey.

9. InaRut

...Oh come on. In the pure oddity of the circumstance it's okay to find the humour of the situation. I mean I'm all for "free-love" and whoever should love whoever (or whatever), but honestly I can't help but find this video a little comedic.

It may be laughing AT her, but sometimes, we just gotta accept that we're human beings and strange things make us laugh. Like an elephant at a tea party...

At least she's not having sex with cars...

10. Rikudo

Pretty much this. I can't honestly take something like this seriously.

11. Shevanel

I particularly found the part of the documentary where the larger woman with short hair starts dancing to the song in the video she's watching, rather the exact part in my new avatar xD

12. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I'm not saying it's wrong, just somewhat funny.

#12 Gothitil, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
  13. Color me humorless if you like, but I fail to see anything remotely funny about someone's sexuality. To each her or his own, I suppose.

14. VinnySR97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ummmm... she crazy, ya i like the empire state building in nyc but i aint sexauly atrracted to it lol

15. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I think it's an extreme case of not being able to stand people or loneliness :/, for example the woman who was in love with the Berlin wall had nine cats and was alone :/, I guess people can get pretty annoying to be around and cause someone to resort to that :/ but that's a bit strange because it is true that objects cant love them back at all because they are not alive but they insist that the objects can feel love :/

16. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

*colors*

17. theJosephDean

This was actually one of the thousands of random topics that the other tutors I work with at our university's tutoring office discussed a while ago :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's not something "crazy" or "stupid". It's just something different that people who aren't familiar with it can't fully comprehend. It's like how a lot of close-minded straight people cannot fathom the idea of loving someone of the same gender -- but of course, we know that's possible.

Humans can find themselves emotionally and even sexually attracted to virtually anything, living or not. Do I think this is a healthy type of relationship? Perhaps not, but that's just my opinion (and I see it's pretty much the opinion of most people). But I can understand where these people are coming from, and I believe it to be a unique circumstance that shows how complex our minds (and hearts, for that matter) can turn out to be.

*shrug* Live and let live. :slight_smile:

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, in psychology I learned that there is a stage in human development that kids will attribute feelings and such to inanimate objects. But, we are supposed to develop past this stage. That fact that these people fail to see that these objects do not have thoughts or emotions to me signifies a mental illness.......... It would be like someone saying "My lamp was talking to me." What would you think of that person?

19. theJosephDean

I believe everything is about perception. We would see these people as having a disability, where they would believe they were completely sane in their thoughts and actions. What others think of these people has no value to them, nor to us, really. We can't change how they perceive things; we can only try to adapt our own perceptions to get a better understanding of theirs and hope that they are happy and content with the lives they have developed.

From a psychological point of view as you're suggesting, is it their fault that they were unable to develop past such a stage? Nah, they just wake up, kiss their Golden Gate Bridge piece good morning, and go make a pot of coffee. </lame humour>

Everyone has a right to be happy and to find long-lasting happiness in their lives. Some find it in others, some find it in themselves, some find it in pets (that's not a sexual example, just to point that out and spare us all another discussion :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and some find it in material items.

Besides, we really can't focus on mental incompetence as a reason that these types of people are any less than us. Everyone has some kind of psychological issue that they can't get past. Some are just more prominent and evident than others. :shrug:

20. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, we clearly know certain people are insane or have mental disabilities that they might not know. Lot's of insane people do not recognize it. Either way I think these people, that lady with 5,000 cats (exaggeration), etc obviously have some sort of issue. Should this issue matter to anyone? No. It doesn't hurt anyone. I don't care if that lady uses that piece of the bridge as a dildo. Whatever floats her boat. But I don't think it can be considered a sexuality. For example, I don't believe pedophilia and bestiality are sexualities (I might be wrong?). Though this doesn't harm anyone the other party cannot consent... and well, doesn't have thoughts or emotions. I know I'll get crap for this comparison, but I think it would be another "philia" and not sexuality... if not a mental disorder...

But you're right they deserve to be happy and I don't care what they do and it sounds like they are decent people (just a little out there). And no I don't think it's their fault. And, I don't think not being able to develop out of the stage is the reason. Just bringing that up because I think it has some significance....