1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-gender

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by roborama, Mar 28, 2011.

1. roborama

so this still new to me but i just found out that this is how one of my best friends identifies. one day shes in pink and short shorts with jewlery and everything and the next shes (well i guess he really) in a mans striped polo, baggy pants , no makeup ect. at the conference i was just at we watched a video on it and it was fasinating and at goodwill today she was in both sections. its not that she is just butch or something or just creative with clothes. she is a girl one day and hes a boy the next. it seems so difficult to deal with :frowning2: anybody know anything more about this? im going to try to find that video

2. Zontar

I'd say it's just a form of gender-atyical expression. Some people just like to play games with gender expression, myself included. I wouldn't call it "bi-gender" in the sense of having two gender identities though...more like a mode of self-expression.

3. Kanen

Or, possibly it's Multiple Personality Disorder? It might not be just changing genders, but changing people? I don't know, that was only a thought.

4. Zontar

I highly doubt that it is dissociative identity disorder.

5. roborama

theres not much on it, god i wish i could find that video. but it really isnt playing games, thats really what its called. it confuses me too though

6. Darkwing65

7. roborama

nope bigendered, you can look that one up on wiki too (not like its very accurate just an fyi)

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2011 at 10:53 PM ----------

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYVzoSDKfhg&playnext=1&list=PL9BDA3866AC94874F[/YOUTUBE]

not the one im looking for but still

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2011 at 10:55 PM ----------

its not the same as androgony, its two seprerate gender identities with one personality (usually) they identify as a male and then they identify as a female. not at the same time

8. starfish

:eek: Holy crap. That's me, that's who I am. I have been looking for the words to describe myself and I never could find them.

I always viewed gender identity as binary and it was so freaking confusing. Some days I feel man and other days I feel like a woman. Some days those feelings are really strong and some days I'm indifferent to it. Being transgendered did not make since because I don't feel like a girl full time, being a cross dresser did not make much since either.

Wow, I never even considered this possibility. This explains so much all those feelings I could not reconcile. Wow this is just great.

9. Meropspusillus

Hardly, someone can dress as female without identifying as female, and someone can dress in jeans and a t-shirt every day and still identify with a different gender each day.

This does just make me think of how labels are dumb though. Bi-gender just feels like bad nomenclature: bi means both, not either/or. Bisexuals aren't attracted to men one day and women the next...Whatever, what do words really mean anyways?

It makes me happy when people are comfortable in their gender and sexual identities =D.

10. roborama

im really actually excited that this couldve helped someone:slight_smile: i know theres not a lot of resources on it but the person in the video and my friend are so i guess its not that massively rare. good luck with everything!

---------- Post added 29th Mar 2011 at 05:14 PM ----------

yes the name does kind of suck but what word really would explain that? labels are yucky!! (ie i agree with you)