1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U.S. Military Paycuts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by brodyman, Apr 9, 2011.

1. brodyman

Anyone notice on the news that the U.S. military got there checks cut in half because they haven't been able to settle on a budget down at capital hill? I don't know, sorta pisses me off; those boys are out there fighting for us and we are making them worry about paychecks? My dad is colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps and although we have our differences about many things, it is still a pretty shitty thing to do. Luckily our insurance is compensating for it. I don't know this is pretty political post for me but what does everyone else think?

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I know right!

Why do people who risks their lives get paid sooo little compared to people like football players who doesn't even deserve their oveeeer paid jobs!

3. brodyman

I know the whole ordeal is quite ridiculous, you think if anything we should be trying to help and support those guys more. My dad just says the whole ordeal isn't good for morale up on the front. Especially for the foot soldiers who don't have insurance to cover them and have families to provide for. Don't even get me started on the nfl lol.

4. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Soldiers have more power than they think they do. Look at BlackWater and Egypt. BlackWater get paid privately to protect the people who are "advocating support" for our troops in War. They have better supplies, better equipment, better technology (solider to mercenary) and overall superior pay...not only that when there asses are in trouble our tax dollars go to send U.S. troops to pay to protect them. In Egypt, the whole throwing of the government was a direct and immediate response to ground soldiers not wanting to hurt their own people which led to their superiors to either choose their soldiers or their leader. The world is fucked up and the people at the bottom need to fuck it right back.

(not advocation an overthrow of the government, just showing an example of power of the dictated people and slap in the face from those up top)

5. pauliie

pauliie Guest

it makes me MAD!!!

6. orviceversa

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People get up in arms about this, without understanding the subject in its entirety. I think it's wrong, also, but Americans have basically been conditioned to expect everything for a small amount of money that we pay in taxes (especially compared to like-nations). Our problem is we also invest a lot more in other areas of defense than in the personnel themselves.