1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This week

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by baileyh, Oct 30, 2007.

1. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This week at work is going better so far for me.I have a day off,my boss Randy has a meeting all day and this happens once a month.Luckily I have very respectful and caring co workers knowing I am a lesbian and a woman.I work at a hot rod shop building engines,fabrication work and setting up rear ends.Friday was very horrible in the morning,My now ex co worker Chase harrassed me and called me a no good dyke telling me that I should be in the house cleaning being a house wife type.I thought that was a very sexist remark he said to me.Luckily my co workers Jesse and Bryant saw it happen.I did repport it to my boss taking care of this right away after filling out a complaint sheet.My co workers Jesse and Bryant did tell what happened to my boss and my ex co worker Chase was fired.My boss grabbed him by the ear and told him what was next yelling and screaming at him : I am sick and tired of you harrasing her(me) because she is a lesbian and a woman and there are no chances left.I gave you one chance and no more left.I hope you have your truck here,you are fired and pack up your toolbox and equipment.This is the second time he did this to me.The first time he put globs of grease in my tool box and thought it was funny.I knew it was not and reported this,he got a warning and was told he was going to be fired if this happened again which he was.I am glad the rest of my co workers respect me knowing I am the only female in the shop area respect that I am a lesbian.They found out last year,my girlfriend Yasmine came in to visit and gave her a kiss before she left.I told them I am a lesbian,she is my girlfriend and they were cool about it including my boss except my ex co worker Chase.My boss knew he did not want to lose me because I come in work on time,have a positive attitude and get my work done.He also wants to see me happy and cares about me.

2. panda

Fantastic!!

3. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am glad out of the outcome after this happened.My girlfriend Yasmine gave him a thank you card and she sees My boss is a very caring person.My boss told her that I am a great worker whom works really hard.I am very good friends with my co workers Jesse and Bryant whom see me as a good person.My boss has one pet peeve: sexist male pigs and he hates them.My boss has a very caring wife Heather too and knew I did not deserve this also agreeing on firing my ex co worker Chase.My boss prohibits harrassment,sexist,sexual orentation and racial remarks of anyone and takes care of it right away.My boss fired another guy for saying the N word to his secratary since she is black.She was offended,reported it to him which he took care of and I saw this happen

4. pirateninja

I'm really happy to see that this was sorted out and it's great to hear that you have such a caring boss. :grin:

5. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow! Your boss is amazing! It's great to see that he lived up to his warnings and has zero tolerance for such unnessessary behaviour.

I'm sorry that you had to put up with that crap to begin with, but at least now you know how wanted you are in the workshop and that your boss is willing to defend you to such a high level.

If only all bosses shared his attitude....

6. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My boss does not let things go like what happened to me and his policy is to take care of it right away

7. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Its nice to know that coworkers and bosses really care aboput their employees.Glad your respected by your coworkers and boss

8. xequar

That's excellent! I'm glad to hear your boss is so cool.

9. Jim1454

Wow! That sounds like a great place to work! If only all bosses were as good at 'walking the talk'.