1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improving Gaydar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DareToEatAPeach, Apr 9, 2011.

1. DareToEatAPeach

So ever since I came out to my family, I think my gaydar has improved. I used to be completely horrible with telling the difference in people, but now I think I can pretty much pick anyone out of a crowd. Did anyone else notice this when they came out? I think it's coming from increased confidence and actually paying attention to homosexuality instead of trying to avoid/hide it. What do you guys think?

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always been able to tell with guys. It takes a bit longer if they are less stereotypical, though. I have absolutely no gaydar for females, though. Since I've started coming out, I've noticed I'm able to pick up on more body movements and other things, but probably just because I know what to look for.

3. Bolin

Well, I'm still in the closet, and my gaydar is totally accurate and excellent. I haven't been wrong once. I accurately guessed about a guy I knew who was totally "straight" acting. I guess it just depends on the individual.

4. AtmaWeapon

My gaydar has been pretty spot on for a while, now. Of course, while closeted, I've known about my same-sex attraction for many years now, just choosing not to label myself until the end of last year.

It's all about being aware of people and having an intuition of people by the way they look...something about their face, maybe about their dress. It's getting harder to go by stereotyped looks, for girls, but I still can pick 'em (I Kinsey them and I think I do a pretty good job).