1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEX TALK:Bug Chasers/Gift givers (please read)!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyDecember, Apr 10, 2011.

1. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I had a friend tell me about people who actually found getting sexually transmitted desieases sexually appealing. I did some research because I did not believe him. Instead I found out about Bug Chasers and Gift Givers. For those of you who don't know,

Bug Chaser: people who actively seek out other people with HIV and AIDS in order to get the virus from them.

Gift Giver: Someone who willingly give the 'gift' of HIV/AIDS to suspecting or unsuspecting hiv negative individuals.

:jawdrop:

I know.

I was dumbfounded and at the same time insulted that the majority of these people are gay. I feel that this is something I would have liked to know in my sexual education. I see these people as pure evil with no other way to describe their intentions. There are websites dedicated to this fetish and on some of them there are helpful ways on how to infect an unsuspecting HIV- individual as well as how to turn a condom into a useless piece of latex.
    IMO this fetish has nothing to do with sex and more to do with the power over someone's health and well being. It is to me a type of silent rape.

A helpful hint on knowing who these people are is one particular tattoo. It is a bio hazard symbol tattooed somewhere on the body and/or shown on a shirt. But there are what are also known as "Phantom Gift Givers" who don't mark themselves and run around giving HIV/AIDS.
    One Forum had one person describe how he met someone online convincing the poor (dumb) kid that he showed negative a month ago. He met with him and kept in contact with him until he got the pleasure and victory of knowing that this kid found out he was infected. This story was met with applause and acceptance on the forum.

I was bat shit scared reading this stuff. This whole mini research left me uneasy knowing that there is a (Positive)support group liked to this kind of behavior. Now though this is a small cult of people they are still out there. I have to sleep on this one.

All and all be safe, there are nut jobs out there of all kinds but this one is relevant since it is a majority of homosexuals engaging in this type of activity.

#1 MyDecember, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

.... Thats why theres so many BB videos.. I bet its all the horny guys!! *Raises Pitch fork*

3. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Kinda bad but still informative documentary, I couldn't find a better one
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKCcr_ayvMo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

4. brodyman

That is horrible! Uhh now I have to think about this for the rest of the night! Who in the hell would do that? Man if I found out I was lied to like that, man would I be pissed. Trust me, you do not what to see me pissed. God, how could people do that?!?!

How big was this community you found btw? Was it a very big community or small? Damn that creepy, you gotta feel bad for that kid too. Very informing post, i would have to agree with you. This is the kind of crap they need to teach in the sex ed class. But hey I received my sexual education from a private school :dry: (I won't even start my rant on that one lol) Anyhow that is one messed up fetish...

#4 brodyman, Apr 10, 2011
  5. Flyers2011

I thought knowingly giving HIV was a crime. . . Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure.

Even if it's not, that's pretty messed up. The people that do that are evil and despicable. If there isn't anything legally that can be done about these people there should be.

I guess that's why you have to be careful about who you meet up with. You never know how crazy someone's going to be. Oh and always bring condoms.

Jesus. I still can't get over how effed up that is.

6. Ben

Ben

Mmhm, it's illegal.

I went to a gay club last year and the bug chasing symbol was being flashed onto the wall, which was kind of creepy. But yeah, be careful of who you knock around with.

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Fuck! I ain't losing my shit to no one! No one can be trusted!!!!:tantrum:

Ok a bit of exaggeration:grin:

8. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

The community online is not large. There was one major website that had about 10,000 people on it that was shut down and various other websites opened up after that. It's hard to say how big it is but there is confidence that they are not that big, pretty small cult compared to the 3 billion something ppl in North America and however many people subscribe to channels on youtube. I'm going to see if I can make a paper out of this with actual certified information my my Uni.

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Its a pretty interesting documentary. Not the best, but still worth the watch.

Its ridiculous to think how people can think like this, but its the reason why you should ALWAYS be careful. There are crazy people out there. NEVER go bareback. You just can't know 100% if the person you are with is HIV-

10. Bryan90

Intentionally giving someone HIV without letting them know is indeed a crime in Canada.

However, I have nothing against the bug chasers who want to get HIV. It's their life.

11. brodyman

Well at least it is not that big, still though pretty effed up. Would make an interesting paper I would think. Thanks for posting the info up!

12. cardenio

I have to respectfully disagree. This is one of those things that, just by consenting to it, proves that people are not mentally fit to make such a decision, even if by the legal definition those people are still considered sane.

13. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That phrasing reminded me of Catch-22.

This whole thing is highly disturbing and is yet another reason to only have safe sex.

14. Bryan90

I like that you respectually disagree :slight_smile:

Perhaps your judgement comes from the assumption that life should be EVERYBODY'S ultimate priority, and that anybody who is willing to jeapordise his or her life should be considered unfit.

But why should that assumption hold? Why must everybody regard life with the highest reverence? Is there no room for deviation? Is there no room for daredevils? No room for hedonists? or no room for people who just don't value life?

Just like how you want certain things in life, say love or friends or social acceptance, or something else, I want death. Sure it might be unconceivable to you why I want the things I want, but should I be outlawed? Sure, discourage me if you want, but if I disagree, should I be forced?

And with that logic, two psychologist let me walk out of the hospital undiagnosed with being mentally unfit.

They [bug chasers] do what they think is best for them. How far are we going to go in imposing our self-righteous views on them?

#14 Bryan90, Apr 10, 2011
  15. Aya McCabre

Yeah this isn't that extreme considering some of the fetishes that are out there..... I could see it being accepted by fetish groups if it was consensual.
    And it's not always a crime to infect someone...... I'm pretty sure there have been test cases here where they failed to prosecute. It's messed up but this could actually be legal in some places.

16. Rikudo

It's illegal to knowing give somebody Aids/Hiv here in the States.

I didn't know about this until I had seen it on another forum. It's unbelievable that people would willingly do this.

17. NickT

I know about it. It makes me sick. We're trying our hardest to quell the notion that all gays have AIDS, and that it's a "gay disease," and here they are purposefully infecting/purposefully being infected. It's just...ugh.

18. cardenio

I have no intention to hijack this thread, so I will make this post as brief as possible and hide the text under spoiler tags so that only people that really want to read my response will see it.

I am always up (or down) for a spirited, though respectful, philosophical discussion. :slight_smile:

You raise some very valid points, although I will not make any definitive statements, one way or the other, about whether people have an inherent right to end their own lives and other issues related to euthanasia; that is a discussion best left for another day and, of course, another thread.

I should clarify my statement since I was unclear, and I do apologize for that. What I object to in the scenario of someone actively seeking to become infected with HIV is not the dying, since I recognize that death is an inevitable part of life. What I object to is, rather, the (as of now) irreparable self-harm that is caused by such an act.

Let me further clarify my objection by providing another example. Let us say that a woman goes to her doctor's office and inquires about having her right leg surgically removed. There is no medically-sound reason to have this surgery done, and she would derive no health benefit from the procedure apart from, perhaps, some short-lived psychological satisfaction. Would you say that the woman is of sound mind to make such a decision about her health? With the facts as presented, can we reasonably assume that she has her own best interests in mind?

19. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to agree with cardenio on this one.

It has nothing to do with imposing self-righteous views on others. If someone is chasing someone who has HIV to get infected, something is wrong with that person, and we as a society have an obligation to at least try helping that person. If someone wants to end their life prematurely, other underlying issues are hovering in the background.

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I posted about this about a year ago after reading a book called Chasing Jamie. Not well written and full of spelling mistakes but still very good novel about this "phenomenon" >_> It's unbelievable. There was a character in Queer as Folk, a former student of Ben Bruckner, who tried to get Ben to have sex with him to get it. When Ben refused not just because of Michael but also of course the morals aspect, the boy wound up going to a conversion party where he had many positive guys have sex with him bareback. Guys just make sure to protect yourself.