1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess I got a voice..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by artistrampage, Apr 12, 2011.

1. artistrampage

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A number of weeks ago a close former friend and i had a friendship ending fight that seriously hurt me,basically we fell out of touch and i tried to reach out to him only for him to totally shoot me down and so i decided to leave him behind after telling him exactly how i felt. It felt so good and i thought i could just move on but then i realized just how hurt i was. Soon after that i got into a petty argument with another friend of mine(were still friends thank god)and told her what had been bothering me about her for a while now. A weight was lifted from my shoulders yet again but she decided to distance herself for a few weeks now. After that,yesterday i told one girl off in my psychology class because she was just plain disrespectful towards a teacher of mine. I guess the point of this story is that ive grown to be a little more outspoken in the past few months,ive always been the type to just take things and keep them in until i have a meltdown but now i tend to tell someone what im thinking.I know this is a good thing but i guess im wondering if its really worth it,it seems like everytime i say what i really need to(besides the last bitch)i lose someone important,so what do you guys think is going on?:confused:

2. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

Sometimes when you say what you really need to say it might come across as offensive, try say first, ill be frank with you, or this may sound terrible but...

with the girl psych good for you, i call out disrespectful people all the time, they need someone to keep them in check if the teacher won't.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

This is all based on what you said, so I could be off, but maybe it can help you think about it.

The problem you are having probably has nothing to do about what you are saying and its probably more about how you are saying things. Ya, it sounds cliche, but its true.

You went from not speaking out to being very outspoken, which means that you are still trying to find that balance. Still happens to me, so don't sweat it.

What you have to do is to learn how to be outspoken without being disrespectful. Maybe try to talk to the people that you offend and ask them why they are mad with out being defensive. Just let them talk and really listen to what they are trying to tell you.

4. artistrampage

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    all great advice,thanks so much:slight_smile: