1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School detention

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dictionary, Nov 1, 2007.

1. dictionary

today i got a school detention for not handing a project in on time and its like not just a short after school one its a hour long one on friday with the deputy headmaster and my perants need to sign the form and i realy dont want to its not going to devastate them but its not going to make them happy the reason i got it was stupid so that MAY make it better and its not like me to be in trouble and this would be the first time i have had sutch a school punishment any idea on how i can tell my perants about it? cause it has to be done tonight...

2. Louise

Well you can start just by telling them honestly that you know that you have been silly and that you should have come to them before things got out of hand. Tell them that you had an assignment to hand in but that you didn't... tell them honestly why... if you can. If you don't feel you can tell them why, tell them at least tell them that you are having a hard time of life at the moment and struggling a bit.

Tell them that as a result you have a detention and that you feel you deserve it and that you are sorry that you are letting them down and that in the future if you have a problem with an assignment and can't get it done in time you will talk to them and not let it get out of hand like this.

If you face this problem head on your parents, although they might be disappointed about the detention will have to admire your mature attitude over this matter, that you have told them honestly and are 'taking the punishment for your crime'... well you see what I mean.

Good luck :kiss:

3. xequar

Can you forge a signature? My dad's signature used to be pretty easy to fudge on a school form if I needed to... It kind of bailed me out a couple of times, too.

I don't advocate doing this.

Seriously, just tell them what happened, get them to sign the form, listen to whatever rant they go on, remember that tangentially they're looking out for your best interests, and move on. And just think, it's not all that bad. ALL detentions in my school were an hour with the vice-principal, and we also had what was called Saturday Detention, where you had to sit in a room at the school from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. on a Saturday.

4. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    that sucks man... we all hand in things late from time to time. Actually reminds me of this clip I found that will hopefully bring a smile to your face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgwrnLOFjMo

other than this, bite the bullet, tell your parents and everything'll be alright in the end.

5. :O Like the Breakfast Club. But yeah tell them what happened like everyone said, they are probably more likely to go easy on you. My mom always said that, no matter what trouble my sister and I get in if we tell her first she's less likely to fly off the handle.

6. Jeimuzu

Oh wow, I haven't seen that in ages.

Youtube rules for that sort of thing,

And yeah, just keep in mind that it's just an hour, and after it nobody will remember.

Your parents will seem angry, but they just want to keep you on the right track - as do your teachers. If you accept your punishment, and make sure you don't do it again, it won't matter.

I used to spend most of my year seven lunchtimes in detention - although then again, RE teachers always did hate my family (my mum kept embarrassing them, she was always awesome when RE teachers were being morons).

I never got a night detention, and I never got the isolation room (you spend the rest of the school day - and if it's past a certain time, all of the next one too - in a room with no company but teachers. Only teachers talk to you, you only leave to get your lunch and you eat it in there, your work is brought into you, etc etc).

However, I know now just how irrelevant that is. It seems important now, but it'll have no effect. Your parents will calm down, your school will not follow up with additional punishment, and if you take your detention properly - do what they tell you, use the time to get homework done, etc - then they'll accept it was an ordinary human mistake and that you're sorry for it, and all will be forgiven.

7. dictionary

i did end up getting them to sign it but i did it as we were going out the door so we had no time to talk about it
    The reason for the detention was silly and when i got home they knew that so they were just anoyed at the teacher not me i am going to speak to my co ordinater about it cause i think its un fair but im not going to push my point to him and he likes me cause im genraly a realy good student so....

8. Micah

I was 18 all throughout year 12, so I wrote my own notes for school etc. Of course, I signed them "M.Scott" so I technically didn't lie :wink:

The only downside was that in year 12, there's very few things that a note from home will get you out of, since all assignments have to be handed in on time, no exceptions etc - and I never got a detention all throughout highschool :wink:

I hope you can get out of your detention Dictionary!

9. dictionary

Yeah this teacher is just realy tight and if the project was just a day late it was a detention and it wasent just an after school 20min detention... everyone is planing to acedently burn down the food tech room so she is out of a job..... although i dont like her i dont want her to be homless.
    yeah this is my first and hopefully last detention....