1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

leaving Facebook

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by British Lad, Apr 16, 2011.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I am thinking of leaving Facebook, anybody got any good resones for leaving or staying

2. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Uh, why are you leaving? If you can't come up with reasons yourself, why would you even do it? Pointless

3. Flyers2011

I stay because I have friends that live in different cities and states that I never get to see, but love to talk to and keep in touch with. Same goes for family.

But, leaving has been appealing to me because I have been harassed by quite a number of people (it happens).

You should come up with your own reasons though. It is your life :slight_smile:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can adjust your privacy settings so you don't even show up in a search, and only your friends even know that you have a profile. So if you're leaving because you've been hassled, I'd say dial up your privacy settings and keep your fb so you can keep in touch with your friends.

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

You mean whats Good or Bad about FaceBook?

6. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Facebook is pretty boring, but I keep mine up anyway because it's one of the most convenient ways to contact people.

7. Giorria

Giorria Guest

This.

You don't have to check it everyday like its something you 'must do'. I've seen people who check their facebooks 10+ times a day just so they can know everything about everyone.

8. Rikudo

If you're to the point where you have to ask then it's probably time to for a break.

9. I say what others have said, boost your privacy settings, delete all the "friends" you're not really friends with and just not check it all the time. It's really convenient for organizing events like parties or study groups, and for keeping in touch with people you don't see often, so if you set up your account carefully and be more selective about your friends, it's actually kind of nice to have.

10. pauliie

pauliie Guest

stay!!! who isn't on FB you know