1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents' Birthdays

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XxToshixX, Apr 20, 2011.

1. XxToshixX

Hello :slight_smile: So today is April 20th and it is my mOmmy's birthday =D. I wanted to do something especially cool this year and I had about fourty bucks I saved up so I bought her an iPod shuffle. She is always talking about how our pc sucks and she can never hear the music she wants so yeah. I also bought her a candle holder that says "Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening and live life to the fullest. What have y'all done/are doing for your parents birthdays?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oddly, I bought my father an iPod last year for HIS birthday...in April. :slight_smile: I bought him a nano rather than a shuffle, because I decided he'd prefer having a screen to see what's going on rather than count on the audio cues. I approached my brother and sister about the idea, thinking he might like it since he was now going to the gym to exercise after back surgery. Neither thought it was a great idea, to be honest (they thought he wouldn't be savvy enough to work it - he IS over 70, after all), but they agreed to chip in for it. I asked for color recommendations, and they both suggested one color and black...so I went with black. :slight_smile: I put about 300 songs on it (from the 50s, mainly), and gave it to him the day after his birthday.

He ended up taking to it like a duck to water. I briefly explained how to download podcasts from iTunes, and he started getting his favorite NPR shows each week. He now exercises nearly every day at the gym, listening to podcasts or his favorite songs, and he only recently stopped thanking me for the gift every time I saw him. :slight_smile:

I think it was two years ago now that I got my mother an odd gift for her birthday (in August). I hadn't seen a decent photo of her in the last several years, so I took her out for a photo shoot. We went to the Botanic Gardens down the way from me, I took about 250 photos, and a few days later, we sat down at my computer and picked out her favorite ones. Then I cleaned them up, made prints of them, and put them in frames for her. Both my mother and my father loved that.

Lex

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

after 10 years... I realise when my mum's birthday is lol

We just buy her a present, and eat at the restraunt, of course a specially made cake! :grin:

4. roborama

im knitting my mom a case for her kindle (her b day is may 5th)