1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[The Walrus Agrees]Favourite Chocolate?[Chocolate is an Aphrodisiac]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InaRut, Apr 25, 2011.

1. InaRut

So, my parents (and one of my brovers--) came by to visit me yesterday and to resupply me of food, easter leftovers and of course the best part easter chocolate.

But...THE EVEN BETTER PART...I am now the proud owner of 4 of my favourite seasonal chocolates ever: The Lindtt Chocolate Bunny.

If may be unsafe to admit to this: But next to potato chips (Miss Vickies: Jalapeno), I'll go crazy for some GOOD chocolate. I so hardily agree that chocolate is an aphrodisiac as the feeling I get from a good piece of chocolate is a little past the realm of enjoyable flavour and into the realm of questionable euphoria.

So, as I munch on this...Mmmm...Oh God...So good...Chocolate Lindtt bunny...Mmmm...Yes...Right there...MELT (in my mouth) RIGHT THERE.I was wondering what is some of EC's favourite Chocolates? Seasonal or not.

Afterall as Brian Griffin:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IoyAP8LcqA[/YOUTUBE]
    And Deanna Troi taught us:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu3qDNnPKSs[/YOUTUBE]

Chocolate is a great thing :slight_smile:

2. Flyers2011

I love a good Milky Way, Snickers, Twix, Hershey's Bar, Three Muskateers.

3. VanNost

Check out slavery in the cocoa business..many companies that heavily advertise use
    child slave labor..very sad

4. Bolin

Being the Chocolate Prince, I love almost any kind of chocolate except dark chocolate (which is why I'm the Chocolate Prince, not the Chocolate King).

I would have to say that Swiss chocolate is my all time favorite. A creamery in downtown has the BEST tasting Swiss chocolate ice cream I've ever tasted. Too bad it's so expensive. :frowning2:

5. InaRut

Killing the mood on the chocolate thread. But yes, it's no secret that the elevation of particular countries economies is dependent upon the capatalistic exploitations of lesser developed counteries.

However, we could spark a debate about the travesities of international globification
    or...
    We could discuss chocolate and open a new thread elsewhere about the social concerns one member may feel about the current state of the world.

6. pirateninja

7. InaRut

how did I know that if I was eating a chocolate bunny...Holly would start to eat a chocolate bunny.

8. Daniel

I made it about halfway through that article before I ate some chocolate. Mmmmmm...leady goodness.

9. Aya McCabre

I only eat chocolate if it's fair trade, which makes this year exciting.... I have an easter egg. I haven't had an easter egg since 2008. It's actually kind of a let down (their block chocolate is waaay better than their easter egg chocolate) but it's all pretty and shiny and egg shaped..... *is happy*

And I generally go for the fair trade brands over the brands that have one or two fair trade products and the rest of their range not, so I mostly stick to Trade Aid or Scarborough Fair.

10. hazza

LEONIDAS CHOCOLATE.

It's a Belgian chocolate brand which I cannot say enough how freaking amazing it is.

It is, in my opinion,THE best chocolate. EVER. But it comes at a price...almost $100/kg (about $46/lb)...at least that's the price in Australia.

And I am extremely sad now that the store in Perth has closed :'(

BUT I'm going to Singapore in July and there is a Leonidas store there <333333333
    I AM EXCITE.

Also of honourable mention:
    -Neuhaus (also Belgian)
    -Pierre Marcolini (...Belgian as well)
    -ROYCE' (Japanese...and yes, it has the ')

So I guess that I'm a big fan of Belgian chocolate <3

11. pirateninja

It's my pirateninjaey senses; kind of like a spidey sense but way way cooler. If a Walrus in Canada is eating chocolate, suddenly the chocolate that I received for Easter looks all the more tempting, lead and all.

Incidentally, chocolate is delicious. I remember being a kid in primary school and you could get Freddo bars for 10p. Now they are more in the region of £1. That was an awesome choco treat as a kid. I also remember being exceptionally glad that Cadbury's brought Wispa back on the market a few years ago; that definitely rates as a favourite. Although I did try a Hershey bar from an American Import store not too long ago and that was AWESOME.