1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad storms and tornados

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by csm123, Apr 28, 2011.

1. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all

I was just watching the uk news and saw some terrible devastation left after the storms in the US.I didnt catch where it was,but hope no one here has been affected.

2. Foxed

May be the same stormness, idk, but southern ontario also got hit. I think there were 2 or 3 confirmed tornado, and the wind in my town was insane. Flipped planes, uprooted trees, knocked over transport trucks. All that jazz.

3. bbm2k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The storms have been horrible here in the south. 250 people died just yesterday from the largest tornado outbreak in 60 years.

4. Hot Pink

Meanwhile it's only SNOWING here in Minnesota. Snow on the Eve of May, it's ridiculous. Seriously, though, I'm sorry for the loss of all those people. Minnesota was really devastated by tornadoes last year, receiving the highest number of tornadoes in 2010 in the US. It sucks, but life does inevitably move on.

5. Flyers2011

Those storms were down in Alabama, and it's absolutely saddening and horrifying. I hope this weather stops soon.

6. PhantomX

We were lucky where we live in Athens, GA. We didn't get the brunt of the storm. Northwest GA got hit hard. One high school and middle school got hit hard...Ringgold MS/HS.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2012 people, 2012 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: just kidding but unfortunate none the less...I'm really sad to hear everything that's happened.

8. RedState

It was in my area. Tuscaloosa (ab an hour from me, which is where i went to school) was devastated. One of my friends completely lost his home. I feel bad for him.
    Metro Birmingham got slammed, but the worst of the damage was in the northern part of the town. My area was ok (I'm more to the southeast of downtown)...just a bunch of debris scattered about. I was out of town at the time and was quite surprised when I got back last night

A good portion of the area is still without power and water, and will be for days. I guess me and my little area got lucky.

9. godawgsko

It was in the south mostlt in Georgia and Alabama. I feel bad for the people that was affect. I have a friend that went to UA. He is on the way home right now to Georgia. Always Roll Tide !

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to live just south of Birmingham, and my grandfather still does. We heard from him yesterday, he and most of his neighborhood are fine. There are loads of others who weren't so lucky. The news just said nearly 300 are confirmed dead now. :frowning2:

11. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My cousin, her boyfriend, and their son live down south. They were just up here for Easter, and when they returned they found that their neighborhood was severely affected. They have tornado watch just about every other night, and we worry about them a lot.