1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to send someone a tweet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, Apr 28, 2011.

1. starfish

I've been on the internet since dinosaurs roamed the earth, so I'm kind of an Internet old fart. I don't get this social media stuff. Anyway I want to send Craig Ferguson a tweet. His ID is CraigyFerg.

Do I just say @CraigyFerg? What does the # mean? Does it even make sense to say I want to send someone a tweet?

2. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, just @CraigyFerg
    The # is a hashtag, eg #RoyalWedding and are usually TTs, or trending topics. However, some users put their name, or a phrase associated with them at the end of their tweet. This way, when you search that phrase, all tweets by that user show up.
    And yes, it makes sense. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just know that many celebrities don't read the tweets/e-mails/fb messages that they get. Not that they think they're above that stuff or anything, but because the volume they get makes it impractical. But many celebrities do read them, and many respond, as well.

Lex

4. Ridiculous

A lot of them don't even use Twitter themselves, they just have an assistant create tweets on their behalf.