1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumbest way you've injured yourself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

This thread is inspired by the fact that I just sprained my wrist playing DJ Hero 2 XD. I always seem to get hurt in the dumbest ways like breaking the same toe twice in the same spot by walking both times. What's the dumbest way you've injured yourself? I feel like this thread will be rather funny.

2. Bolin

I was in orchestra class playing my viola...the conductor stopped to correct the cellists on one section, so I relaxed my left arm on my left knee (the viola still on my shoulder). Well, my elbow slipped, and my viola was about to fall on the floor...I couldn't afford another one, so I tried to catch it, but the scroll (the piece of wood on the finger board of a violin, viola or cello that looks like a wooden scroll) bounced off my palm and thrust the instrument into my mouth. It busted my lip REALLY bad, and it took about 15-20 minutes for the bleeding to stop. It was awful! xD I was bruised, and it looked like someone had punched me in the mouth. :lol:

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two massive red scars on my leggs because about a year ago my friend stole my ipod as a joke and ran off down the street with it, so I chased after him, tripped over an uneaven paving slab and skidded down the street, taking off the skin on both legs from just under the knees down to about halfway between my knee and my ancle. I had my legs in bandages for about a month while the skin grew back. It was horrible, and I'm not even sure how I managed to skid like that (I don't really remember it that well, I hit my head at the same time and everything is kinda fuzzy from my tripping to me being at the docotrs; apparently my friend suported me while I limped across town to the dotors, fortunatly 'across town' is across my small town thats part of london so it was really just down the highstreet)
    I say massive, but it's actually quite funny how small the scars are; they're only about 2 inches long each comaired to the 6ish inches when I fell

#3 Kerze, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  4. Skiel

Skiel Guest

I sharpened my index finger!LMAO I was probably 7/8 years old and for some reason I wondered what would happen if I place my finger into a manual pencil sharpener and I turned it. Yep, stupidity right there! It sounds like something a caveman would do! FAIL! ahahahaha

5. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I did that once, but I stopped after it started hurting and I went slowly.

Me: wanna race down the hill
    Friend: sure
    THREE TWO ONE GO!
    Me and friend: sprint down hill
    Me: lose control and fall and hurt my leg... no broken bones but I was limping for a few days.

I don't run down hills anymore :slight_smile:

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was wearing a rode. I was placing the pan I was using to cook my eggs in the sink, while using the other hand to turn off the stove. When I smelled something buring and...yup robe's on fire, RODE'S ON FIRE!!!!!

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Embarrassing fact - Lex jammed his pinky finger once while in the shower.

More embarrassing fact - Lex jammed his pinky finger once while playing air drums in the shower.

Even more embarrassing fact - Lex jammed his pinky finger once while playing air drums to "What About Me?" by Moving Pictures in the shower.

[youtube]OzQKECQgjW8[/youtube]

Lex

8. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

In grade 7 in summer school during lunch I was having like a race with a friend, and while running I was looking at her and I crashed into a wall :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it hurt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. lostinthought9

I was in the 4th grade at the time, and it was on the weekend. I was riding my go-kart all day, and my parents made me take a break. Being the stubborn child I was, I didn't want to stop for a break. So, while they were napping, I snuck outside and tried to crank-start the stupid thing. Well, during one of the pulls on the cord, the rope snapped back and fractured my left arm. It hurt like a bitch. xD

10. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few dumb things I've done...

Running in the basement playing tag with my brother (2 person tag?) when I was maybe 10. I tripped over a small fan, slicing up that notch of skin between your shin and the top of your foot and twisting my leg.

Trying to stand on a tennis ball. Yeah, it didn't end well.

Playing Hide-and-Go-Seek in the dark. I was running really fast to find a spot, felt a pain in my forehead and then next thing I knew I was on the ground looking up at a tree branch that was perfectly forehead level. I got up, ran and hid.

I probably have more but can't think of them now...
    XD

11. Tiny Catastrophe

Oh man I totally forgot to post these. They aren't things I've done but things my cousin has done and they are quite amusing. First was she was standing on the back steps right in front of the door and her brother slammed the door open sending her rolling down 3 concrete steps in her bathing suit. 5 stitches in her head and a broken wrist. Then there was when she climbed the tree in the front yard. The branch hung over the street and she was hanging upside down screaming to my other cousin that she was slipping so she was supposed to catch her. She missed and my cousin got wedged between the curb and a car and we had to have the paramedics pull her out lmao. And lastly, when we were upstate we went sledding down this huge piece of property. It was our last ride for the night since it was almost too dark to see. Well she goes down with her legs outside the sled and BAM big tree branch snaps her leg in half. And that was the end of the vacation.

12. seven crows

Oh, fun thread :lol:

So, when I was 11 I turned a rocking chair around, so that it was back to front, and I knelt on it, rocking back and forth while watching TV.
    And, I smashed my face against the television.
    Seriously, I have to laugh now, but I lost consciousness and they had to break into the house and take me to the hospital.

I never told the paramedics how exactly I had hurt myself. I was too embarassed. :rolle:

13. Bolin

Oh! I remembered something else!

At my old house (I was like, 8 years old, I believe), I was playing in the driveway (barefoot). My aunt had come by for a visit. Well, she was about to leave, so she started her car and and started to drive out the driveway. I ran after the car yelling "Free Willy! Save my trees!" (don't ask...I don't even know...) when my feet starting burning and I fell and skidded my knees up real good (and the bottom of my feet). :lol:

14. Tiny Catastrophe

LMFAO :roflmao:

15. kwyjibo

This isn't me, but I know someone who ran headlong into a wall playing tag. Her excuse? "I didn't see it." What's not so funny is that she broke her arm and ended up in hospital.
    I once bashed my face trying to cycle under a signpost, and couldn't eat with the left of my mouth for a fortnight. I avoid that sign now.

16. rangerfan

Out Status:
    All but family
    I remember when I was 8 or 9 I was at one of my friends birthday party and there was whole group of us playing Simon Says. At one point the main person said simon says to jump in the air, so I jumped must've been 2 feet up and I come back down and I collapse to the floor. I found out that I broke my ankle in 2 places from jumping.

17. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A very minor injury, but I got a paper cut on a bag of pretzels. =/ I was carrying it and it sliced a long cut near my elbow. The only stupid part is, it was a small cut, but now I have a scar there? wtf. It's fading slowly though but it's been months. O-o

I also put my candy up high on my tv stand so I couldn't get it because it was too tempting. Well, I wanted it, so I had to jump, and my elbow came down and hit the edge and sliced some skin off near the same elbow.

18. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I was skipping like a idiot from the garden and slipped on a slug I think and hit my ribs on the edgde of the floor.. I was like.. 0_o wtf just happened!! coz my reaction was pretty slow :lol:

19. Elicitra

I was rly into a game of CoD and whenever i stabed someone my head kinda lurched to one side and i lurched more and more and then i fell of the sofa and got stabbed by a glass that i fell on - then i rolled over onto a pin - the controller landed in a puddle of coke

20. Rikudo

Back when I as a kid I'd get injured very easily especially for some reason I had the habit of scraping my knees. I'd tear them up on concrete all the time. One time I was playing out on the playground and I tore up my knee bleeding everywhere and all that good stuff. Then about 3 days later I did it again to the same knee opening up the wound.<.<

Also I tend to have a habit of rolling/spraining ankles. I sprained my ankle once playing the part of hero in making a save in a volleyball game.