1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staying Awake

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Flyers2011, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Flyers2011

In about two hours I will be attending my school's After Prom, a fun event to prevent us youngsters from indulging in the bottle after Prom. It goes from midnight to 5:30 in the morning.

They have some cool stuff, like giant Twister, basketball, an obstacle course, dancing, etc. So I definitely don't want to fall asleep on my last After Prom ever!

Any tips for staying awake besides energy drinks (they make me sick)?

Thanks guys!

2. Tiny Catastrophe

Luckyyyy. My school didn't do anything like that. Everyone went and got drunk after prom lol. Although I wasn't allowed to go to prom so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. But I'm sure if you keep yourself busy you'll be fine. If I were you I would be way too excited to be tired lol. And if that doesn't work try tons of soda or coffee

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chew gum. Maybe caffeine gum. Or take a nap before prom.

4. Emberstone

don't watch british marriage ceremonies live on tv at 4 in the morning...

no offence to any royal watchers, but that ceremony just kept going and going and going... I finally turned off the tv, and went to bed.

one thing I find to work is do not eat anything heavy. also, do not eat sugar. sugar will make you crash sooner. you might get a spike of energy, but once you burn through it, your worse off.

5. starfish

Coffee, but in moderation. Don't drink the whole pot, takes practice to get to that level.

Though once you get going you'll find you can keep going. It is the drive home that will suck. I suggest getting someone to pick you up or crash at a near by friends.

6. Idonteven

there comes a point where you'll just do anything to get some sleep. Its called the wall. You need to just keep going and trust me, once to crash through the wall you'll be ok. Just don't get comfy or sit down after you crash through or you'll want to sleep again. :slight_smile: