1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's celebrate trans people!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pseudojim, May 2, 2011.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That thread that Joshhunt posted (link) got me to thinking how relatively little trans people are talked about on this forum, and represented in society at large... It's almost as though they're an almost unknown minority within a minority. Gay and bisexual issues tend to dominate the forums, despite the fact that we have so many trans and genderqueer people posting and contributing and joining with us in solidarity.

You're all awesome. I wish i were one of you. I wish i knew more of you. I wish i could date one of you dammit!!!

Don't ever feel like you're ignored or not wanted. The world is a better and more colourful place because of you. Those of you brave enough to live out your self identity provide courage for those who are more timid and need help. You're heroes for an entire generation and you should be immensely proud of your identity.

May abounding love and support reach all of you; near and far, proud and timid, rural and urban, quiet and loud, young and old... Don't ever doubt your inherent value. You are all treasures, helping to bring about the enlightenment of the new age we can all feel coming.

#1 Pseudojim, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

That was beautiful and I totally agree. ^_^

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Can't say that enough. Every time I meet a transgender person I can't help but be in awe of how much courage they have. Truly an inspiration :slight_smile:

4. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree as well. I know a girl who is a transgender person, and I think she is probably one of the bravest people I have met, and she's usually pretty shy.

5. straal1972

The roads that you travel are difficult, i admire your self confidence, your self KNOWLEDGE, your courage, your strength. Bless you all.

6. Thank you so much for the incredibly kind words from all of you. It is very difficult living your life for so long and wondering why you just don't feel right in the body you were born with. You become an academy award actor/actress trying to fit in. We often marry have kids etc. not only because we want those things like many people do but often in an attempt to show ourselves that we are in fact who/what we present to the rest of the world as. Unfortunately, that does not change who we are inside and only impacts other innocent people in our issue.
    As for me, my wife knows but does not really understand nor will she stay if I continue to transition. So, the question I face is to stay male and keep my wife denying who I am or transition completely and lose my family? Reading stories like that of Donna Rose have shown me that so many others have made those choices and were able to take the consequences. Oh, to find that strength whether it be the strength to transition or the strength to continue as I am now.
    Any way, bless you all for your compassion and open minds.
    Christine

7. Hexagon

Wow. It must be seriously hard telling a wife/husband that your not the gender they thought you were. And here was me wishing I'd come out properly before puberty...

And I don't think you were really asking me for my opinion, but I would transition. You may find the strength to carry on for the rest of your life in the wrong body, but it will be a lie, and in your place, I would never do it. Never could do it. You may lose your wife, and its up to you to decide whether its worth it. I'm sure you will find the strength to do what every it is you decide.

Also, try to help her understand. The classic 'Imagine if you were born in a mans body feeling as you do now. What would you do?' thing worked pretty well for me.

Oh, and welcome to EC.

Alex.

@Pseudojim, thank you. Feeling the way we do can be terrible at times, and its great to hear something like that.

#7 Hexagon, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  8. Keelin

Being thirteen, parents have so much power over what you do. What most people don't relize is that we can put on a brave smile, but inside it is so hard. It's like you're lying to yourself, and can really suck. Nice post, beautifly written.