1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psychological view on Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jerr, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Jerr

I typed this out of my effen psyc book and it took me a damn long time to do it. I thought it would be quite useful.

Just note... if you wish to quote and reply... don't quote the whole effen thing... just delete all except for the quoted area you are referring to.

2. NkyJ

The book from which you quoted this information... could it perhaps be "PSYCHOLOGY, Seventh Edition in Modules" by David G. Myers? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. 24601

I don't really have anything to comment on, other than thanks for the effort. I read the whole thing and enjoyed it (wouldn't it suck to type up that whole thing and get no comments?). It's nice to read something from a non-biased point of view. Reminds me of a 60-minutes I watched a while back about a lot of this stuff. As a side note/out of curiosity, are you taking a psych course because it's mandatory or because you're heading that direction for your major?

4. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Great info and many thanks Jerr. It had to take some time to do this and wish to say it is really appreciated. Information is power and this helps everyone. Good on ya.

5. Jerr

It comes from a little book called "Exploring Psychology" Seventh Edition by David G. Myers. lol

Oh... I'd have been pissed if no one commented. lol

I was taking Psyc for basics but dropped it because I hated the teacher. I kept the book though!

Teehee. Thank you Mr. JayHew. haha Mr. JayHew is amazing. haha

6. NkyJ

I thought so... I picked up my psych book and looked at the same exact stuff. You shouldn't have dropped Psych, it's amazing. :slight_smile:

7. Louise

Thank you Jerr. I spent weeks unsucessfully searching for answers and explications to help me come to terms with my son's homosexuality. I would have loved to come across all the information you posted in one concise block.

For what it's worth I think this should be a sticky.

There are so many newbies here, it could help them and help their families when they come out.

Again

Thank you​

8. LorenzG1950

“Gay men simply don't have the brain cells to be attracted to women.”
    Simon LeVay, The Sexual Brain, 1993

I love it :roflmao: . So homosexuality is really a brain deficiency, or should that be efficiency?

But thanks for typing and posting. Very useful stuff :thumbsup:

9. Jim1454

Thanks Jerr! I've read it too! Pretty interesting stuff.

10. pirateninja

Thank you for the effort you put in typing this out. I know I probably wouldn't have because I'm lazy. :grin: Interesting stuff! Plus, I'm now taking psychology at AS level so I know where to come to if homosexuality ever comes up.

11. Jerr

I'm going to take psyc again... just with a different teacher.

You're all welcome. lol

Technically it depends on how you view it to if it is a defect or not. One way it is because we aren't attracted to the opposite sex so through natural ways we wouldn't produce a child. Another way is we are a good thing because we won't produce children but are capable of taking care of children who have lost their families or what not and we won't help the world become over populated.

So it is all about the view you choose.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Well done, it really was an interesting read!

13. Levi

Levi Guest

Blatant copyright violation imo. But a really interesting read.. and fuck copyright fwiw.

14. Jerr

I soooo didn't say it was my own work. lol I even put it in quotes! lol And we established which book it came from and it is properly documented! lol

15. Levi

Levi Guest

Sorry, my post came of a bit wrong. It was meant as a stab at copyright, not you. Obviously you didn't claim it as your work, but that's besides the point of copyright I think anyway.

16. Torture

Torture Guest

Nice read, copyright ftl.

17. Jerr

Sooo was joking back when I said what I said. lol

Man... I need to start typing "sarcasm" because yeah... I'm not rude! I promises well most the time... probably... maybe.

18. BlasttheCloset

That was an interesting read, I had not gotten much info on the actual causes, but I am wondering--does your psych book have anything about bisexuality or any sexuality except gay and straight?

19. NkyJ

I checked my book and I can't find anything on bisexuality in sexual motivation/orientation. Sorry :frowning2: But what I will do is look through other psychology sources to find something on it.

20. NkyJ

This is taken from the Encyclopedia of Psychology: