1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overheard

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skiel, May 3, 2011.

1. Skiel

Skiel Guest

I overheard this guy sitting near me in class bashing gay people and gay marriage (he's catholic:dry:slight_smile: Saying it's wrong, etc. How come it's so hard for people to understand? I don't understand how they say it's a choice. If it's a choice, then that means they are admitting that they CAN get turned on by looking at other men.:lol:
    Someone should ask that to a gay-hater. They can't deny this if they say it's a choice, which is sure to piss them off :thumbsup:

2. higby442

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree and I love your point! I make that argument to gay haters all the time and they usually just have nothing to say haha. Nice one!

I always say, "so when you were a teenager, when did you decide to be straight or gay?"

3. Porphyrogenitus

Tell him to read his Catechism. The Catholic Church certainly doesn't allow gay sex or gay marriage, but it has become quite clear in the last few decades that simply being homosexual is not a choice and it's not sinful; it is rather a temptation beyond our control. The Church is strongly opposed to any discrimination or violence against gays.

The one thing I hate more than bigots is uninformed bigots.

4. Beachboi92

funny story time :grin:

when i got into the argument with my dad when i came out we came to the topic of "it's a choice."

so i said "did you choose to like mom, did you choose to find her attractive, or to find any girls attractive?!"

he decided he was going to be difficult and answered "yes" i was pissed and told him "well you missed your calling then! why didn't you come out years ago, you would have saved mom the trouble!"

my parents are divorced btw xD