1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Revised So Far]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chaos|blue, Mar 28, 2006.

1. chaos|blue

Ok this is what I have so far after a few revisions. Still more to go.

A Kaleidoscopic Colored Rainbow Against the Hatred of Today's Society of Black and White

You know it's funny how a person can act so happy on the outside but deep down inside they are just all alone and almost dead. I hate to use the word dead but that's just the plain truth. How at school you can act so random and make others laugh, but at home your just sad and depressed. Sad because you know that there is an empty void in you and depressed because you just can't handle the emptiness anymore. I think that we all experience this emptiness but in others it's just too much for them to handle. Too much to handle which makes them want to tell someone what their problem is but afraid of what they might think.

This, believe it or not, is exactly how I am feeling right now and I just feel like there is noway out of it. I feel as if I have this empty place in my soul and I'm carrying this “thing” which I want to tell someone about but am just afraid of how they will react. Fear plays a definite role in how we think and what actions we take. For some it's no big deal but for others it's as if you're stuck at the bottom of a deep and dark hole with no possible way of getting out just by yourself, but only with the help of your best friend or peers.

Do you think that it's easy to come out to someone? To tell them that you're gay, lesbian, bi, or transgender? Well, if you said “no”then I guess you're right. But then again, it's not always hard for someone to come out. I guess it just depends on the person. The people that they are surrounded by also plays a part on how and to whom they come out to. Being surrounded by many people who are very open-minded is just a bliss because you know that there will probably be a 95% or so probability that they will except you for who you are despite your sexual preference.

Now if you're surrounded by a bunch of “hardcore” Christians, now that's a whole different story entirely. Why? Because of how we have always been taught that homosexuality is a “sin” and how God hate those of us who are homosexual. But in all honesty, if we have always been taught that God made each and everyone of us in his own image, then how come he made some of us gay, bi, or even lesbian and then hate us? If you ask me, then there is something very wrong with that, if you know what I mean.

In the news or newspapers you can sometimes read about stories about how someone was beaten-up or even murdered just because they were gay. You may be familiar with the story of a college student by the name of Mathew Shepherd. How he was murdered just because he was...gay. Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson, the murders.

Now to me that's just not right. But in the end both those men got what they served. We are people to and we should be expected to be treated the same way as everyone else. How we are denied some of our rights just because we're gay. To me again that's just not right. I mean don't get me wrong or anything but isn't the U.S. suppose to be a country that gives quality to everyone? Ya, right! I don't the U.S. should have the right to be called the “home of the free” if some of us aren't even allowed to do what feel like doing. Like getting married to the same sex for an example. Boy has that been a big issue theses past couple of years.

What kind of country is this if people can't even get married to the person they truly do love?! How they quote from the bible that married is just a holy sangtatity between a man and women only. Whatever happened to the “separation of church and state?” Holy crap our country is just going down the drain. And I mean way down. Like my History teacher said in class one day. Sometimes the government just can't find a solution for a specific problem so they just “pick on” a different issue. Like same sex marriages.

What the hell is wrong with that picture? Denying people the right to get married to the same sex. How are suppose to live with that? What next people aren't going to be able to enter a certain place just because they aren't wearing the right kind of clothing? That's a bunch of B.S. right there and people know it. But they are just afraid to speak out because of what others might think of them. I say screw it! Be who you are and stand up for what you believe in. Ya, I know you hear that all the timw. But just take a moment to think about it. If they can't handle that, then they just simply go somewhere else and f%*& themselves. I know that was a bit harsh, but it's reality! People all the time are afraid to speak up because of what others think. So instead of speaking up they just hold it in like someone wanting to fart but afraid of letting it out in public. Although I can understand why they might want to hold it back.

But listen, how can you love someone so badly which will make you do crazy things but not be able to marry them? What would you do if you weren't able to marry someone that you really because of some stupid law? Exactly, you would try to fight it. God, knows I would. I hate to say this but living in the U.S. does have it's pros. Such as having the right to fight for what you believe in. In other countries just wanting to fight for your own fair rights can have you killed. Thats right, killed!

When I was younger and growing up in the U.S. I thought that this was the country to be in, that it was perfect, that you had all the rights that you could possible want. But now as I grow and I look at the world a little different, that isn't the case anymore. The more I think about our government the more I think that it's slipping away from Democracy Street and turning right into Hypocrisy Lane. Wouldn't you think so?

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

How is this coming on chaos? I'm sure we'd all like to see the final version. :slight_smile: