1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Gay Is Also Good/Great Because.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SpikySpice, Nov 4, 2007.

1. SpikySpice

Because now Im stronger then yesterday , and I feel more confident about myself and I feel like Im belonged to a part of a community, which is the GLBT people, and makes me feel proud through the thinsg Ive been through

And you? What do you think:slight_smile:

2. Everything you said here expresses how I feel exactly:icon_bigg

3. davo-man

...is great cos I can sleep on my friend's boobs....they're like natural pillows hehe

but seriously, being gay is cool, cos I get to like the music that I love

4. Nicknikko

i wish i could say the same things as you guys.. ughh
    i still have hard time feeling confortable to the idea of being gay...ugh i hope one day...

5. davo-man

One day you will, if you want to. I mean that if you wanna become comfortable with it, you will. Yeah but anyway, you will one day

6. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sometimes I feel really great about finally knowing who I am. Every now and then I'll find myself walking along smiling and genuinely being happy just thinking "I like chicks and that's fantastic!"

I also like the fact that my female friends won't get concerned if their boyfriends massage my shoulders or get jokingly physical with me because they know nothing's going to happen. And I think my male friends are more relieved that they can muck around with me without fearing any jealousy or backlash from their partners.

7. pirateninja

I feel like a part of a community (Sorry Spiky, I nicked that off you, but I feel that way too) and I know who I am and I am proud of who I am. And all the negativity that I have to put up with only makes me stronger.

Oh yes and finally, because I live in Wolvo, the highest rate of teenage pregnancies in the UK happen here (apparently) and there is no chance of me getting pregnant. Hooray! :grin:

8. neverover

im 100% sure. but im not out, yet. need plans 4 this.
    btw, i think gay marriage can last longer. its lyk, no one will tell u to not to watch a football match, cos ur both watching! u kno, same habbit and lyk. i wish i was out... i wish i can out

9. SpikySpice

I hope you will, because you kno0w you want to feel comfortable (sirry Dave I stole your words XP)

Oh yeah one think Im proud is that you know tehy say gay people are nicer than straight, becaus ethey are more sensiticve and emotional

10. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I feel that I'm free and that I belong to a great community

11. LorenzG1950

I’ve only been out for less than 2 years but I’ve met so many great people that I never would have met if I were straight. One of the best things about being gay is that you become more tolerant, more capable of overcoming adversity, and ultimately very proud of being just a little bit different than the heterosexual majority. Sure, it’s tougher sometimes but who just wants to be average and “normal”? Not me, ever again . As Step49x said, we don’t need a cure for homosexuality, we need a cure for homophobia.

This is pretty bad when you can quote yourself from another thread :lol: .

12. Jim1454

...is great because I've also developed an even greater acceptance of others.

Plus, I feel justified buying trending clothes that a '20-something' would wear when I'm in my 30s!

13. pirateninja

Ah yes, it's definitely made me more aware of intolerance and more determined to combat it.

Get me, I'm becoming militant :grin:

14. Shoshanna

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Because my son has a lovely boyfriend/fiancé

15. Astaroth

Being gay is great because it creates an instant link between partners. You've both been through similar things and can at least have that common ground immediately. It's also great because it allows you to be open and honest about your "deepest, darkest secret," which is something I doubt many people ever get a chance to become.

16. Jim1454

^ SO TRUE!!!

17. Ty

Ty Guest

Ditto

18. xzacbearloverx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I DOUBLE THAT DITTO(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

19. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Being gay is good becuase... its exciting ^_^, being gay is bad because... you go through bad

20. step49x

It's good because, if nothing else, it gives you a slightly different perspective on life (which i consider a good thing). Like a lot of people here have said, it can certainly make you more tolerant of others.