1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Gay Christian

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TyRawr, May 10, 2011.

1. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

I happen to not be a Christian myself, however I do understand much of what this website is talking about. I also agree with much of what is being said. For those of you who struggle with your faith and your sexuality, this website has much to say that might bring you some peace of mind.

Enjoy

CreatedGay.com

2. RenegadeSappho

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've proudly accepted my bisexuality, but it seems to be at the cost of my Christian faith... I finally felt the need to be who I am more strongly than continuing to espouse a faith that condemned apart of me... I suppose I need to explore the site more, but I'm trying to figure out what part of my spiritual side (still faith in Christ?) is compatible with my sexuality

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

^ There is actually a lot of people that are going through the same struggle, so you are definitely not alone. I actually went through the same thing when I first started coming out so I know how tough it can sometimes be.

You should definitely check out these two really good documentaries about it that can maybe help you out. It is possible to keep your faith while also being true to yourself. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise :slight_smile:

Through My Eyes:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBMbNSyqwkA[/YOUTUBE]

For the Bible Tells Me So:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBR0dq0XXk[/YOUTUBE]

The Gay Christian Network is also another great resource that you can use.

4. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wouldn't say I've reconciled my faith with my sexuality (I've never heard a satisfying argument for either side), but I don't stress about it the way I used to. I'd rather focus on my relationship with God than things that aren't as important.

5. Emberstone

I have long felt that the worst thing that happened to religion was churches got in the way.

It should be about your relationship with the higher power you believe in, not what other people tell you that you have to believe in.

6. ArcaneVerse

^this x1000. Not that saying it makes it any easier to live though, but I truely believe that your own personal relationship with "god" is way more important than any religion\church.

I occasionally read a blog from this gay mormon guy who left the church when he was younger because of his sexuality and then later in life retured, after getting married to a man and adopting a child in between, because of a powerful and personal revelation from god that that's what he needed to do and that he was still meant to stay married and continue to be gay, just to also be more active with is church.

Now if you know anything about mormon religion and beliefs, revelation is one of the most powerful and meaningful thing you can ever experience and holds a lot of weight, so you can imagine how inspiring this one mans testimony would be to many gay mormons out there.

Anyway in one of his blog posts he discussed "Revelation" and what it meant to him etc and he went on to say that personal revelation is a much stronger guide, then a revelation for the masses, as it is a targeted and tailored message for the individual not a blanket statement which may not apply to all.

His story and many others like his has helped me a little bit to move beyond standard beliefs and to reaffirm my own more personal ones. Still it is a struggle to find a peaceful place in my world for spirituality and sexuality but maybe one day it will happen.

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think its arrogant of people so say that no matter how good a person you are, no matter how open hearted you are about your faith, if you lead a certain "life style" you're going to hell.

its cruel and its unjust. actually its a big fucking club and if you're not a member, to hell with you.

its a wrong view and I feel the only part the Bible got right was calling people sheep.

8. borntosurvive

Coming from a Catholic household, and being raised Catholic [Baptized, Confirmed, the whole nine yards], I can honestly say that something I struggled with, and continue to struggle with is balancing the two identities. On a level, I don't buy into the lies and hate spewed by the Church, but on the other, one's self esteem can only take so much of a battering before you buy into what the other person is actually saying.

My best friend told me this one day when we get to go get ice cream: "Some people have religion, and some people have music. Some people go to a church, some people put on their headphones." As corny as it sounds, every time I feel insecure or hurt about something I hear at church, or what have you, I go and listen to "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga for a self esteem boost.

9. aidan

i dropped my religion because it couldn't stand up to scrutiny and "faith" really didn't do much for me. i didn't drop my religion because i was gay, but being gay did cause me to question it.

10. jrnewton2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I couldn't look at myself in the mirror and call myself gay until after I had already dropped my faith. I can't say very well how related or not the two events were, but I honestly doubt I would be a Christian still even if I were straight. It's impossible to tell though. All I can say is that, if you need a God in your life, don't let hateful religions keep that from you, but you shouldn't fear the possibility of living without any god either.