1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday the 13th

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alexi12, May 13, 2011.

1. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Anybody have a good Friday the thirteenth story?

I happened to come out to my dad the last time we had a Friday the 13th (August 2010). I didn't realize it until after I told him, and then I found it slightly amusing.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    having a shitty one.
    Starbucks messed up my coffee this morning.
    I've had nothing but a barrage stupid guests all day.
    And I sent a fax for a guy this morning, his bank calls me and wants ME to get in touch with him and get him to resend the check, he is YOUR customer, miss bank bitch, YOU call him!!!!!

AND, no one is playing any friday the 13th movies tonight, just the crappy remake GRRRRRRRRR

worst Friday the 13th EVER!!!!!!

3. Flyers2011

I had a lot of bad luck yesterday, I was questioned without premise by a police officer who denied me my right to counsel by threatening to arrest me for disorderly conduct (after he screamed at me for no reason).

Then at work an old guy came through my drive through, was super rude to me, then told my manager I was super rude to him. I nearly got reprimanded.

Damn you Thursday the 12th.

4. Mine was awful. Or maybe I'm just overreacting. Whatever, I don't care anymore.

5. Steven791

I had to work from 7am - 11pm yesterday... I figured I would only have to work for an hour today since I had too much overtime but no they made me stay!! I mean sure, the overtime was nice but I was looking forward to being able to have the day off..

6. Bolin

I'm not superstitious, and I didn't even know it was Fri. the 13th until I read this post. xD

But a lot of bad stuff happened at work today.....got cursed at by several customers, accidentally said "Have a nice "gay"" to one customer, prompting a disgusted look, my emotions ran the gamut today (I was randomly happy, then sad, then near tears, then enraged...)...

Plus, it was super hot today... x_x

7. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

:frowning2: sorry everyone had bad experiences today

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't really say it was a bad Friday the 13th... I think the "worst" was finding out the course I'm taking won't count for graduation because I'm at a university and the course is at a college. Oh and that my new phone will cost me $361 bucks. That's like....the only Friday the 13th things that happened.

9. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I actually think Friday the 13th is good luck for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I got an extra suprise science assignment(YES now I can make up for that stupid test) on fridays I usually have to meet up with other student council members but it was canceled XD and I got home and have been playing wii all day( I've been winning) XD

10. Artemicion

Hrm....nothing wrong so far....but actually i rather like the number 13..and everything about it...that means...Friday the 13th is my lucky day :grin:?...

11. AtmaWeapon

Got a potential summer internship/job sort of thing. Nothing bad has happened, thankfully.

The worst Friday the 13th was with my high school orchestra at Disney World and we had a min of three people in a group sort of thing and one person lost his pass to get into the parks and so we were stuck at the hotel for most of that night while the other people in our orchestra had a grand old time...really sucked.

12. Raeil

This Friday the 13th didn't have much going on. There wasn't a get-together with my close group of friends tonight, which I was hoping for. I was planning on coming out to them today, actually, but ah well, there's always next week. I did have some really good coffee from Starbucks though, and got to listen to a lot of good music, since I'm exploring new stuff atm. Found out that, while I do enjoy Pop music, Adam Lambert is not for me. So, altogether, pretty average day.

13. Rikudo

You know today was actually a very good day for me. XD

14. Tiny Catastrophe

My girlfriend got violently ill today and I almost got in a car accident. Super day

15. Steven791

I almost got in a car accident too lol

16. Tiny Catastrophe

Lol what a coincidence. Friday the 13th was trying to take us both out lol

17. Steven791

Lol damn you Friday the 13th! D:<
    :grin:

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope your girlfriend feels better!

19. TraceElement

No. Just... no. Not usually supersticious but I woke up knowing that shit was going to go down today.

20. Cathulu

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine wasn't bad, but it was one pitfall after another that my friends and I handled with dignity and grace.

A close friend of mine has her birthday on May 13th, so we went out to lunch to celebrate. On our way, a severe thunderstorm swept in out of nowhere. The rain was so hard at points that visibility was reduced to well under a quarter mile. It took us about twenty minutes longer to get to her house.

After eating, we head over to do exactly what she wanted to do for her birthday: bowl! So we get to the alley only to discover there was a huge bowling tournament going down. There wasn't a single open lane. So across the parking lot we walked, to a small putt putt course. This was not the greatest idea, as the rain from earlier had flooded the course and there were several holes we couldn't even play because they were partly submerged. Her dad, who is apparently godly at putt putt, won.

I drove home and took the dogs out, after which they outright refused to eat their dinner. I think they were protesting me leaving them home alone so long.

So while the pitfalls were there... I think it all worked out okay in the end.