1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MBTI types

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Peace, May 14, 2011.

?

What is your personality type?

1. ISTJ

16 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. ISTP

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. ISFJ

14 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. ISFP

5 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. INFJ

28 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. INFP

18 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. INTJ

49 vote(s)
    25.9%
  8. INTP

19 vote(s)
    10.1%
  9. ESTJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. ESTP

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. ESFJ

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  12. ESFP

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  13. ENFJ

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  14. ENFP

12 vote(s)
    6.3%
  15. ENTP

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  16. ENTJ

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Peace

Hiya!

So, I've been debating making this post for a while...
    A few months ago, I had to do a school project about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for school, and it got me wondering about people's type results on EC.
    So, what are you?

For those of you who aren't familiar with MBTI:
    Basically, it's a fancy personality test.

You can find an online version here:
    Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology
    Here are some very short type descriptions: (You can post a description with your answer, if you like...)
    The Sixteen Personality Types - High-Level

Personally, I'm an INFP.
    The I is 20%, the N and the F are both 50%, and the P is 33%.
    This result describes me pretty well, although it fails to recognize the many flaws I and other INFP's tend to have, such as being shy, being an extreme perfectionist, having a very low self-esteem, and not being punctual. Also INFP's have the highest suicide rate of all types, which rather upsets me. :icon_sad:

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    INFJ
    Introverted- 22%
    Intuitive- 38%
    Feeling- 12%
    Judging- 56%

This is me to a T.
    Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perseverance in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than three percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

#2 Ethan, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I'm an ISTP. The only things that aren't fitting are excellent skills with mechanical things and extreme sports. But everything else is right.

4. Raeil

I freakin love the Myers-Briggs!!! In the Leadership Club which I'm one of the Advisors for, we administer this test every year, and it's been a great tool in understanding my personality, how I deal with things, how I think about things, etc. We actually take two hours to go over the test, and explore the implications of each type. Anyway, enough with that, lets see if this version of the test works with the version I took last year.

Hey, it got the type right! It could be improved by giving more than two answers (Agree/Disagree, Strongly Agree/Disagree, Neutral), but it works pretty well on its own.

INTJ

Introverted - 100%
    iNtuition - 62%
    Thinking - 12%
    Judging - 67%

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

My type actually got me into trouble as far as coming out to my first friend. I had too many contingency plans and kept putting it off, :grin:

5. Peace

LOL! My best friend is also an INTJ, and this is totally something he would do. :grin:

6. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    INTJ here.

Introverted = 44%
    Intuitive = 62%
    Thinking = 50%
    Judging = 56%

i didn't understand this test very well. What does the percentage mean? and where did you get these personality descriptions?

I tough i was a little bit more "thinking"...

--------

I took another test, now more carefully searching words in questioni wasn't sure about the definiton.

i Got

Introverted = 56%
    iNtuitive = 38%
    Thinking = 38%
    Judging = 67%

I still don't understand this test too much...

But i feel this last result is 100% right about me...

#6 Gleeko0, May 14, 2011
  7. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I am INFP as well.

Introverted; 33
    Intuitive; 75
    Feeling; 12
    Perceiving; 11

It's spooky how that is totally me in literally every single way although I don't know about the "lack of logic" thing. I think I'm very logical.

#7 Kidd, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
  8. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was just reading the definition on INTJ and..oh my God.

It scared the hell out of me because it is so true and similar to me, it describes me in every way. Reading that definiton was an amazing experience. God, i can't still believe it completely...

Its, intriguing

9. Kirakishou

Holy shit. I've taken this a various amount of times, but this is the first time I've ever got Extraverted. :eek:

E 22%, S 38%, F 12%, J 1%.

It's... almost completely flipped. xD I've always been ISTP, sometimes the P is a J instead. ISTP has always sounded like me, ESFJ is nowhere close. What the heck. >_>

#9 Kirakishou, May 14, 2011
  10. Enaithor

ENFP ^_^
    Extroverted: 44%
    Intuitive: 50%
    Feeling: 12%
    Perceiving: 33%

Yes, that is the same type as Oprah ;O

11. TraceElement

ISFP. Holy shit so true.

12. Markio

INFJ. The rarest type!

13. keith86199

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ESFJ is what i got. Sounds pretty close to my personality. Very neat

14. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Huh, in the past I would almost always get introverted. Now I'm just slightly extraverted.

I don't really think the description fits me but it's close enough. I wouldn't consider myself a supervisor. I actually hate dealing with people. But there are other aspects which certainly ring true.

EDIT!
    Changed 2 answers that I rethought, and the E turned back into an I, and the new definition seems to address all the problems I had with the last one :\

#14 Neoh, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  15. Rikudo

INTJ
    Introverted 33%
    Intuitive 12%
    Thinking 50%
    Judging 11%

Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.

16. Idonteven

INTJ
    Introverted 44%
    Intuitive 38%
    Thinking 50%
    Judging 33%

INTJs and relationships pretty much summed me up quite well.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :slight_smile: This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

17. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I freaking love the Myers-Briggs test. Its important to keep in mind that this is by no means set in stone and it should be used to learn what you need to improve and not as an excuse to say "that's just the way I am". You should also be able to get to a stage where you are able to use whichever "letter" you need that best fits the situation.

I'm an I (80%) N(60%) T(87%) P(53%- turns in to an J depending on when I take it)

(Keep in mind that different tests show the results in a different ways)

Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.

18. Tornadored

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ISFJ

Introverted 67%
    Sensing 25%
    Feeling 50%
    Judging 44%

19. Porphyrogenitus

I got INTJ on that test, but I've generally had INTP come up when I've done Myers-Briggs in the past.

20. Gumtree

EITP

Extraverted: 33

Intuitive: 63

Thinking: 1

Perceiving: 33

The inventor! Sounds about right to me! Never like to do it the conventional way, and nothing is based on planning, but on intuition and ability. Everything should be in context, and able to be adjusted accordingly.