1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly Majoring in Photography....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whiterosebeka, May 14, 2011.

1. whiterosebeka

so, i'm thinking of majoring in photography and just minoring in History (right now my major is History)
    the only thing is, i don't think i'm any good at all... plus i don't have photoshop...
    there are pictures of my photography on my profile.... can you tell me what you think of them please?

2. Raeil

You have great talent from what I can see. There are a few photos that need touching up/better focus, but honestly, if you haven't taken many photography courses, that's not a big deal, as that's the point of the courses.

If you like doing the photography itself, I'd say go for it! :slight_smile:

P.S. My personal favorite has the waterfall in the background and the yellow flower in the foreground. The focus in that shot is brilliant, as it shows off the beauty of the usually dull waterfall, rather than showcasing the brilliance of the flower. Seriously, I love that shot! ^_^

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know nothing about fancy pro-educated official photography, but I consider myself something of a photographer because I know what I think looks good. Personally my favorite of your photos is this one. I love it.

Honestly if you want to major in photography then go for it. You're the one paying, so make sure you are studying something you like. And isn't the whole point of going to college to learn about something, and in your case you could perfect your craft, and learn about photo editing. As a photographer, I never edit my stuff, but that's just me.

But you're definitely pretty good at it, so even if you want to keep it as a minor or even just a hobby, you're already on the right track. :slight_smile:

4. ArcaneVerse

If you love doing it then go for it, if you can see yourself having a career in photography and thats what you want to do with your life then definitely but if your just a hobbyist and arent serious about it then maybe doing a few smaller courses would be a better option.

You will prolly be required to own a Digital SLR and have a photo editing software, Photoshop or Light room. neither are cheap things, so thats something to consider.

5. whiterosebeka

Thank You for the feedbacks!

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll ask my bf to take a look, he's in a Photography program and about to graduate. He will probably have some good ideas about it.

7. whiterosebeka

I can't wait to hear them!!! Thank you sooo much!