1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys, am I annoying?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LowestVocal017, Mar 31, 2006.

1. LowestVocal017

I just hope I'm not. Because I have been called that on numerous board before. I just want to make sure y'all feel comfortable with me around. If I'm pestering anyone, I can leave. That's no problem. :wink: I know I'm a new member, but again, I don't mind leaving if I'm causing a problem.

Please be honest! I'm not necessarily expecting a "no, LowestVocal! You're doing fine," especially if it's not true. Thanks.

2. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

you are not annoying you are helpful with thing but not annoying
    what made you think that

"hugs and kisses"

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So far you're fine... there are very few annoying people in this community, which is nice.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You're not annoying me!

One thing that can be a bit annoying in forums like this is when people post stuff in threads that is not related to the original subject. It can take the discussion off in some other direction, which could be annoying or upsetting for the person who posted the original message (especially if it's a request for help or whatever). It's much better to start a new thread for the new subject, then both can keep going. :wink:

For example I have just spotted a couple of messages about hotmail/gmail in the "Who do u like tell ours?" thread (I'll move them in a moment).

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is, if you ask me, overkill... threads get off-topic because conversations evolve. That's their nature. If people learned to quote properly, both topics could be sustained in one thread--it's not the either-or prospect you describe, where a thread can only have one singular topic, and a new topic somehow "kills" the old one.

6. Micah

Well when a person creates a thread for a particular reason, ie gathering advice for a certain situation, it can be fairly frustrating when the thread gets off topic, and people focus on the second topic, rather than the original poster's one.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Exactly. It depends on the type of thread too. If it's a general chat/fun type thread it doesn't matter so much, but if it's more serious then it's not fair to the original poster if someone takes it off track and they don't get the help/answers they want. Plus there may be some good information in the new subject that wouldn't be apparent from the original subject.

This is why we would split the thread, then both discussions can continue and everyone wins. :thumbsup: It doesn't happen very often, anyway. I did one yesterday but can't remember the previous time!

8. goratrix

I personally haven't read any of your posts, but I can tell you that if someone finds you annoying they can just stop reading your posts. Besides that, we have a fine set of mods and admins that can take care of annoying people... and that have beautyful cats too :slight_smile:

*pets Duke...

9. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

You, annoying?:eusa_naug nah....just because you like to post don't mean you're annoying...if anything im the one thats annoying. I mean someone leaves the forum for just two minutes and i've posted in every never thread there is.:grin: My answer is not at all Vocal.

10. LowestVocal017

Oh wow. This is an ancient thread! I feel a bit less annoying around you guys at present. But thanks anyways! :slight_smile:

*hugs and kisses*