1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever had "No such thing as Bi"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HantsBen, May 18, 2011.

1. HantsBen

Dunno if any of you have ever had it but there are a few people I know who dont know about me going around saying "Oh there is no such thing as bisexuals its just used by people who dont want to admit they are gay" and it really, really winds me up.

Anybody else experienced this?

2. Shevanel

Of course. My favorite douchebags who propagate this bullshit are militant gays (who believe this of course, though I'm not much of a fan of militant gays in general, nor people with any kind of militant stance on anything for that matter). The hypocrisy is amazing.

3. Shulk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've gotten "Gay means you like the wrong gender. Bisexual means you're just confused."

FROM A FUCKING 36 YEAR OLD MAN.

4. Lolguy

I've had bisexual friends tell me of ignorant twats who say things like this. It's amazing how deep human stupidity goes.

5. borntosurvive

One of my good friends is bi. I think the only day I've ever seen him legitimately pissed off was when some girl said that bisexual people need to just "make up their mind." What an abominable brat. [The girl, not my friend, of course.]

6. Idonteven

Yes, the only openly gay guy I knew when I was at school was sort of in my group of friends, anyway, he said a few times there is no such thing as bisexual. I face palmed then and I do it every time I hear it.

7. Sillyrabbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I hear it quite a lot at my school (I go to a very small school in the middle nowhere) and it just grinds my gears, but of course I can't say anything about it or I'll probaly get beaten up because basically everyone at my school is extremely judgmental and they hate gays, lesbians, & bisexual people. Also a few if my friends have said and agreed that "bisexual people are just greedy, they just want to get f*** by any living human being" I think that night I went home and punched my wall... Ah such good friends (even though they don't know about me being Bi)...

8. Saikou7

If someone really felt attraction to men and women, what reason do I have not to believe them? It's ridiculous.

Thankfully, I've never heard someone say that before. (in real life)

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad thinks that. That's why my family doesn't know.

10. AtmaWeapon

Yeah, I first was met with the 'bi myth' way back in high school. I never could quite understand why people said that unless they think bi means liking both sexes on a completely equal level. I'm not sure about that. I tend to think of bi as being more Kinsey 2, 3, and 4 (though I can see how 2 might still identify as straight and 4 as gay and think that should be up to a person to decide on that).

11. Holliepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    "Why can't you just make up your mind?"
    "So you'll sleep with anyone?"
    "That's just greediness."
    "You're only saying you're bi because you don't want to admit to being a lesbian."

Incredibly annoying.

12. EndlessMusic

EndlessMusic Guest

load of bullshit, of course there are bisexuals
    who cares what others think! it's all about who you are! and be proud!
    because what you feel, a million others feel the same way

13. Giorria

Giorria Guest

Never once had anyone tell me that when I previsouly told people I was bi. Since I came out as gay, people have told me that i'm wrong and i'm bi. Everybody believes that the guy in work whos bi is lying and doesn't want to admit hes gay, I've noticed how he looks at both genders though so I know hes not lying.

14. Flyers2011

It's a load of bullshit, I heard it from people all the time when I first came out as bisexual. I was also told that in order to be bi, I needed to have a boyfriend and a girlfriend at the same time.

It's so stupid. I mean it's bad when straight people say it, but when gay people say it it's even worse. It's worse because we're all LGBTers together. We shouldn't be tearing each other's sexuality down, but instead working together to get the rights that we deserve. In a homophobe's mind, it doesn't matter if one is gay or bisexual they still see the entire, "You like the same gender," thing and they continue to push us down. We need to stand together and act as one big family.

15. Holmes

Gay people should know better. After going through others talking down their sexuality, they should have enough empathy to take others' word when they say they're bi.

16. HantsBen

Wow, I have never heard of a gay person to say that, extremely dissapointing!

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have heard this, but it always seems to come form people also think everyone is gay...so yeah just take that for what its worth. . .not much. . .yeah I'm done here

bye

18. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, once i heard a friend commenting about a person (i don't know if it was serious or joking) and she said "or maybe he is bisexual, hasn't decided yet." And it bothered me a lot, she didn't knew i was bi.

19. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Dang, i failed to explaing things here.

was supposed to be more specific, sorry.

What i mean is, she said it this way:

"if he is gay he likes men, but maybe he is bisexual, like maybe he hasn't decided what to like yet? *laughs*"

Indicating bisexuals are "confused"

>_> i felt uncomfortable.

So yeah, so sorry about that, i failed to notice it earlier...sorry about my english, sometimes i think i said it all but it isn't clear enough.

20. Ratchet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, a few times, mostly it seems to be gay men though, bit ironic in my opinion

I can only think of two notable times at the moment, once by a gay guy (it was online, doubt he would have said it to my face) seemed to think bi men were just gay but didn't want to admit it. or greedy or something, was really nasty about it to the point of saying bisexuals don't exist .. I could have sworn i was real...

Second is a workmate, shes not a bad about it, just seems to think I'm 'confused' or not wanting to be seen as gay, "you need to chose what you are" why? (she is a nice person btw, that just irks me a bit)

Ok my preference is male, but i still find females attractive hence im bi, least that how i see it, human sexuality is not binary, you don't need to be one or the other, sadly seems a lot think that way still