1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Two Spirited" tatoo

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nphimd, May 18, 2011.

1. nphimd

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, at the beginning of going through my inner struggle with being bisexual i saw a movie called The Nature of Existence (good film, recommend it, but that's neither here nor there) In this movie they talk to some native americans about there culture, and religious beliefs. I already before this had great interest in Native American beliefs, culture and history. In these interviews I learned for the very first time about what they called, "Two Spirited" people (bisexuals/homosexuals or whatever have you) And they spoke of how highly they were regarded. it gave me the first confidence booster, i guess that's what i'll call it, in coming to terms with myself.

And now that i have researched it a little more i am very interested in getting a "two spirit" tatoo, so if anyone who know anything about Native American culture or knows anywhere where i could get some good info on this topic, please let me know =] I'm curious if there is some sort of animal or symbol affiliated with "two spirited" people.

Anything helps, thanks =]

http://www.gay-art-history.org/gay-...sexuality/two-spirit-native-american-gay.html

that is just a link that has some good info on the subject if youre curious =]

#1 nphimd, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011