1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Childhood Memories

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whiterosebeka, May 19, 2011.

1. whiterosebeka

What are some of your favorite childhood memories?
    two of my favorites would be.
    Going to North Carolina for the summer to visit my grandma for two weeks. The fireflies would come out, my cousin and i would go and catch them, and after everyone went to bed, we'd let them out in the house.
    the other is when I kidnapped a big Caterpillar nest that hadn't had them hatch yet, and taking it home to watch them hatch. they hatched, then the million caterpillars disappeared.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    summer vacations with my big sis. When I was a little we would spend the whole day together getting into trouble. watching TV and playing games, kinda sad those days are gone for good.

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my best memories...
    I was maybe 6 or 7.
    I was at my great-grandma's house. And we were in her garden. She had tall (to me at the time) fences that were covered in raspberry bushes.
    She picked the only one on the bush and gave it to me.

That was the last time I saw her before she was put into a home and started falling apart.
    Bittersweet. :')

4. whiterosebeka

that is so sweet!
    it reminds me of the last time i spent alone time with my granny. She went to take a nap, i wasn't tired at all, but she asked if i wanted to lay down with her. i agreed. we laid there for an hour. i tried not to squirm so she could fall asleep, but after ten minutes she said that she couldn't sleep. so we laid there for an hour talking. i don't remember what all was said or discussed, as i was 6 or 7 at the time also. and now when i think about it, we weren't that close, i was closer to papa punk, and my sister was closest to her, it was her way of establishing more a closer relationship before she passed away. cuz my sister wasn't invited to the nap.(*hug*)(*hug*)
    i miss her scratching my back :frowning2:

5. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

My favourite memories are the road trips my family used to go on. We'd get in the car, stop by the "penny candy" store and get a bag of fruity Tootsie Rolls and just drive. We'd listen to Aerosmith or Black Sabbath or ELO and go up through the mountains.

I also have fond memories of going to Rendezvous (Mountain Man festivals). We went two or three times a year for...ten-ish years I think. My aunt joined us once...she brought her tepee and we spent the night. We met some interesting people, heard interesting stories and learned a lot of interesting things. lol

Those were good times.