1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate Facebook

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IsItSo, May 19, 2011.

1. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ugh. When I actually want to use my real name, Facebook won't allow me to change my name anymore. What kind of shit is this? I've only changed my name twice my entire time on Facebook, but I have friends who have gone through several more. Any way to get around this? And don't suggest showing them legal documents, which is what they want me to do.

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Omg this exact thing happened to me -.-

3. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No idea if this will work but What if you first changed it to something in another alphabet, say Chinese, and they wouldn't be able to check it so it might get through, then later change it back to what you want

4. Porphyrogenitus

Your real name isn't the same as someone famous, is it? They have all sorts of problems with that, for some reason.

5. djt820

Protip: use your real name the first time.

:wink:

6. Jim1454

I've never bothered to sign up for Facebook, and I've somehow managed to get through life. Why you didn't sign up as yourself in the first place is beyond me. What's the point of being on Facebook if you're not being yourself?

So now - why not provide them with the legal documents they're asking for? You've misrepresented yourself multiple times there already. Who can blame them for wanting you to prove it this time?

7. Holmes

Try waiting two weeks. They have some time limits on when you can change things like that.

8. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Nicknames, man. I've spent my entire time on Facebook using nicknames. Also, please don't speak to me in such a condescending tone.

#8 IsItSo, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  9. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes! I tricked those fools. Hooray for exploiting loopholes.

10. RenegadeSappho

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate Facebook so much! I'm only on there for the LGBT advocacy groups, and even there the dialog is inferior compared to sites like this. I have no "friends" and I like it that way. I don't see the popular obsession with it (and don't get me started on Twitter!)

11. Aegle

Aegle Guest

I dont have a facebook. I did have one, not too long ago but quickly deleted it. It was annoying. It was confusing. There were people you know, but not neccessarly your friends. What do I do with all the friend request!! At most I talk, or am close, to 60 people, including family. After awhile I felt bad ignoring people. I didn't want them thinking I am stuck up or something, so i deleted it. Besides your true friends are the ones that are on your cell phones. If it is not worth mentioning to me then it is not newsworthy. Another reason I deleted it were other students looking through it all the time whenever I am in the library computer lab; I'd be there in an hour and they still are on it, not even yet actually opening up a real book...