1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny funny life moment.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TyRawr, May 22, 2011.

1. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Oh goodness.

Ok so when I was coming out to people in the 8th grade, 5 years ago, my closest friend did not accept me. He exiled me from his life, he started malicious rumors about me, and ultimately ruined any social positivity I had at that time.

He has added me on facebook now that we are both out of High School and wants to "hang out", and makes reference to how I am cute, and how happy he is that things are going well for me. (find the hidden fairy?)

Oh yeah, its like that...

I just thought its funny how these things keep happening to me. I was the only out person in my town for almost 5 years. Now things are just so different and funny. So many of the people that tormented me, and so many of the people that hung out with me are now gay, or "curious". Is it not funny how life does this?

I have hated myself to the point of attempting suicide and failing, doing so many drugs that I am lucky to have a brain left, and harmed myself in so many ways that I can hardly believe that I am still here.It has gotten so much better than I could have ever possibly imagined. I have gone threw so many transformations. Ive had SOOO many life lessons already, and this all still surprises me.

Dears, some of you are accepted and welcomed for who you are, but there are those of you who are not, and to those people understand this: There is so much insecurity out there, so many people who do not like you because they do not like themselves. Bullies are good people too, somewhere. You are all beautiful, and vibe-rent in your own way, be kind, work hard, and do good, and they will see it eventually.

Thank you.

2. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's awesome. I'm glad things are working out for you, and thanks for the words of encouragement.

3. whiterosebeka

7th grade before i even knew about myself, i had two people going around calling me a lesbian, and sticking rainbow stickers all over my things, like my locker or book bag. come to find out, those two girls started dating each other in high school.

they were just afraid of their own sexuality thats all.

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fantastic story.
    Thanks for sharing! :grin:
    All the things these bullies do to others always seems to come back to haunt them.

5. Flyers2011

I had a close friend who I ended up falling for my freshman year. We talked a lot and she seemed perfect (and super gay). So I built up enough courage to tell her how I felt.

It blew up in my face.

She ruined my life and was truly terrible to me.

This year, she cut her hair super short and came out of the closet. Oh the irony.

So yeah it's really funny when the biggest homophobe in your life turns out to be gay themselves lol.

6. Giorria

Giorria Guest

Nice story, its good to hear that you have come through all of that and have such a positive attitude now.

I agree with what you say, there are alot of insecure people out there and they hide behind hateful ways to try and make sure no one see that they have their own personal issues.

I had a situation in the past with an ex friend but no rumours made and other people removed me from their lives because of that one little thing. I went in another direction with my distress over my situation and turned to food, comfort eating became the bane of my life for the next 2 years but thats all done and dusted now. That guy messaged me over facebook asking if we could be friends again a few months back, and he came out as bi to me. I said no, I don't have any trust for this person like I used to before things happened.

7. ballin1718

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm jealous that you know who you are man. I literally turned 20 this week and it took me til 5 am the night after to finally join this site. I can basically say I don't know who I am and never felt any sadness (until recently when I decided even tho idk what i am, its def not straight). Even though I was always the "straight guy" I never bullied anyone for being gay just bc its wrong ya know. However, when I was with other straight friends I would sometimes talk bad about gays, maybe stopping some of them from telling me who they really are, which woulda made life completely different.

But similar to your story I talked shit, and now I'm a confused guy on this site XD. I know one of the most confused people here shouldn't give advise, but never hurt yourself because of words. When I was younger I got shit for no reason, rarely a gay joke was cracked it was all pointless stuff. Words roll off and life goes on.

Congrats on figuring out yourself at such a young age though, bc you jumped into everything earlier by the time your 20, you'll already know what you want lolol. Enjoy the time here man (I know you are).

8. Makaio1

Ty,

Your words are truly inspiring. Thanks man. That's so great that you've overcome bad situations and can be proud of who you are and what you live for. Despite being gay-bashed for most of my life (despite not being out of the closet) -- none of the bullies have 'come out' as gay. But, putting that aside -- your advice, along with many others on this site -- is making me feel more confident with who I am and is slowly pulling me towards the closet exit. :slight_smile: