1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to write a speech for tomorrow, any topic ideas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Its a piece of oral coursework, and i need to write it tonight, read it to the class tomorrow then take questions...i want a A.... any subject ideas?

2. Levi

Levi Guest

Write about what you're most passionate about at the moment.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

That would be a good idea, but im a boring person, and anything im passionate about i dont wanna discuss...so im thinking something a bit more.....i dunno

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Are there any guidelines or whatever you've been given for this, or could you write a speech about absolutely anything?

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

What about:

Something about your recent trip to South Africa? Maybe even something to do with politics or discrimination there if you want to go that far.

Why Mac OS X is better than Windows?

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Ive decided, to do apple :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: thanks Paul =] and you could do absolutely anything!

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

All I did was look at some of the threads you started recently (that weren't about being gay etc) for ideas! :slight_smile:

I hope it goes well.

It may be a good idea to log off of EC for an hour or so now and work on it. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I found this with Google http://www.pcpro.co.uk/features/88197/vista-vs-apple.html It's over a year old but may give you some ideas of things to include. You should mention where Windows is better than Mac too, to give a balanced presentation.

Edit2: And this site http://www.macvswindows.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

#7 Paul_UK, Nov 8, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  8. Ty

Ty Guest

Thanks alot Paul ^_^

I'll post my grade when i receive it =]

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Finished, anyone wanna judge?

Today i am going to talk to you about.....Apple – the computers, not the fruits of course..as i couldn't think of anything else to talk about.

Before i get started, i am going to hand around my iPod, which contains photos of ipods and apple computers, in order of their creation – notice this is one way for an iPod to be used in school for educational purposes.

In 1991, Apple introduced the PowerBook line of portable computers. The 1990s also saw Apple's market share fall as competition from Microsoft Windows and the comparatively inexpensive IBM PC compatible computers that would eventually dominate the market. In the 2000s, Apple expanded its focus on software to include professional and consumer video, music, and photo production solutions, with a view to promoting their products as a "digital hub". It also introduced the iPod, the most popular digital music player in the world.

Now, im guessing a lot of you have at least played around on a mac, but still the majority of people have windows. Seeing as its almost Christmas, i highly recommend you at least consider looking at some of apples products, and if you don't own a iPod, or know what one is, your seriously behind.

According to surveys, Apple has the highest brand and repurchase loyalty of any computer manufacturer. While this brand loyalty is considered unusual for any product, Apple appears not to have gone out of its way to create it. Apple has, however, supported the continuing existence of a network of Mac User Groups in most major and many minor centres of population where Mac computers are available.
    Mac users meet at the European Apple Expo and the San Francisco Mac world Conference & Expo trade shows where Apple introduces new products each year to the industry and public. Mac developers in turn gather at the annual Apple Worldwide Developers Conference.
    Apple Store openings can draw crowds of thousands, with some waiting in line as much as a day before the opening or flying in from other countries for the event.[76] The New York City Fifth Avenue "Cube" store had a line as long as half a mile; a few Mac fans took the opportunity of the setting to propose marriage. The Ginza opening in Tokyo was estimated in the thousands with a line exceeding eight city blocks.

There's one product im guessing even windows users are very familiar to – iTunes!
    iTunes is a digital media player application, introduced by Apple on January 10, 2001 at the Mac world Expo in San Francisco,[2] for playing and organizing digital music and video files.
    It is also used for syncing your music, videos and photos to the aforementioned iPod. You can download this program for free, and im betting 99% of the people in this class who have the internet already have.

To conclude this speech, i must say, that there is so much to mention about apple, its hard to fit it all into mr *******'s little 10 minute slot, so i shall leave it at this. Apple is an ever expanding company, and i am sure we are all going to see many innovations over the many coming years.

Thanks for listening, Any questions?

Grammar doesn't have to be perfect as im only reading it, and there's only 10 mins to read and answer questions =]

#9 Ty, Nov 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  10. It's very good. Even though I dislike Apple it does capture my attention. Just reading it was interesting so when you're reading it should go over very well.

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Good stuff - I hope the actual presentation goes well. Let us know what grade you get. :slight_smile:

Shut your door (to avoid embarrassment) and read it out loud to yourself a couple of times, as you will when you're presenting it. If you find yourself back-tracking or hesitating on any sentences, try to reword them now to make them easier. Stuff that reads well on paper doesn't always read so well out loud. For reading out loud, often shorter sentences are better as you are less likely to get lost or run out of breath half way through.

12. panda

This is what's so incredible about EC. That C.T.had a problem which he threw out to the world at large.We see the process and a few hours later we see the finished product.Good work guys.

13. Ty

Ty Guest

I got a A :grin: woo thanks everyone!

14. Louise

Hey, good for you :eusa_clap . People here might have helped you but you did the work I bet you're really pleased with yourself. :kiss:

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Congratulations!! We gave you the subject idea and a couple of places to look for info but the result was all your own work. You did the work and the "A" is the result. :slight_smile:

I remember from when I was in school that with things like this the main problem was deciding a subject and getting started. Once you've got past that the rest comes easier.

16. Tom

Tom Guest

congrats Ty i think i just barely scraped a b in my english oral, didnt help tht id been ill tho but o well it was still the highest eng grade i got lol. and u better keep up those A's!