1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever since I came out on Facebook....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Giorria, May 23, 2011.

1. Giorria

Giorria Guest

...the adverts have mostly been about dating or mens underwear. I don't mind it to be honest, its something that i've noticed for ages.

Has anyone else who had a 'coming out' on facebook or changed their 'interested in' section had anything similar?

2. ShebbsIsAwesome

Omg yes. It thinks I need HIV testing... At least twice a day.

3. GhostDog

For a while, I'd get ads next to each other like, "THE DAILY LESBIAN" and "Find your dream man!" Lately, they've gotten smarter. Now it's like every other ad says something like "'LIKE' IF YOU ARE A PROUD LESBIAN" (that one shows up a LOT) or is for pride jewelry or something.

What I can't figure out is why I'm still getting ads like, "Do you have a cute schnauzer?" when every post I have ever made about schnauzers amounts to them being the bitiest, most horrible dogs to groom. They are cute but they are temperamental as hell with strangers FACEBOOK WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME WITH THEIR BITEY LITTLE FACES. D:

4. AtmaWeapon

^ All of that plus dating sites, lesbian chats, etc, etc. I'm sad to admit I actually did join this one dating site but found I had to pay to really do anything other than browse and get messages I couldn't respond to because I had to pay a premium fee...feh.

5. Aegle

Aegle Guest

OMG.. that is soo funny!

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

No way! My schnauzer is adorable! He is horrible with other dogs, but with people he is just super annoying because he always wants to be pet xD

And ya, I get the same. Its their whole deal about personalizing the ads to the customer. I get a lot of Mormon ones as well though. I still haven't been able to figure that one out xD

7. GhostDog

They are adorable, yes, and are generally nice so long as you don't try to bathe them, dry them, brush them, clip their nails, or do anything to them outside of pet them or give them snacks. I would always sigh when schnauzers, cocker spaniels, shelties, and chihuahuas came into the groomers, because those dogs were always the most likely to try to bite me. None of the other dogs liked being bathed, but most members of the other breeds never tried to draw blood over it. >:/ My whole time there, I met exactly one schnauzer who stood there and let me clip his nails and brush him out without attacking me, and I think it was because he was too old to give a damn.

So yes. They're cute, and sweet, provided you don't have to do any of the less pleasant things that come with fuzzy dog upkeep.

8. MisterMason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here on the ads. D:

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get the ad for either the book based on Casanova's brother who's gay (fictional), and also a choose your own vampire adventure gay book. Lol

10. xequar

Yep, when I changed mine back in 2007, the ads changed instantly. I suddenly started getting gay dating sites, underwear sites, et cetera.

11. Miss Bubbles

^^^ same lol they do this to me all the time

12. Connor22

I went on the royal marines website. once. I have never been asked if I have the state of mind so many times in my life.

13. stad90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I always get gay dating site adverts too, and my profile doesn't even say my dating preferences.
    I think facebook's getting a little too smart...

14. whiterosebeka

i get that all the time, ads like
    support gay marriage
    i love my husband, click like if you love your husband
    pride jewelry,
    pride marches,
    victoria's secret with the angels (mmm)
    Gay marriage bills

the list goes on and on. its retarded.

15. Jaason

even when I had no 'interested in' filled in at all, I got similar gay ads, but now I have AdBlock on both Firefox and Chrome so I don't see any ads :grin:

16. Aya McCabre

Aww I feel left out now.... I've never had lesbian ads. When I was listed as engaged I had heaps of pregnancy test adverts though. That was kinda disconcerting.