1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speech

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by roborama, May 24, 2011.

1. roborama

alright i have no clue what i should do for a speech for my AP English class. it has to be 3-5 minutes long and can be about anything, directed at anyone, and i can even be anybody. any suggestions would be awsome, im thinking possibly an lgbt theme but not sure

2. Aegle

Aegle Guest

Do something on what you know, interested, and comfortable about.

Off my head right now, I would do a speech about motorcycles.

3. Kidd

Kidd Guest

For my speech class last year I gave three speeches about homophobic bullying, the Bystander Effect, and I also did a tribute to Brittany Murphy.

You could do a speech over homophobic bullying if you want? For my speech I hunted down 10 pictures of LGBT youth that committed suicide and plastered them onto a powerpoint. The statistics are freely available and it's probably something that not many people are aware of, there is easily enough material there for a five minute speech. Mine only had to be seven and I went on for 10 with no problems at all.

The Bystander Effect is really interesting too and there are a ton of clips on youtube that show it and it's very well documented. There are a lot of statistics and examples that you can cite. Again, it's something that few people really know anything about.

If I was given that assignment, I would do a speech over the origins of valspeak and other accents. Whatever you do don't pick a topic that someone else might pick--the last thing you want is to go in front of everyone and talk about something that someone else just droned on about.

Just food for thought...

#3 Kidd, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
  4. roborama