1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alan t, May 26, 2011.

1. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My hair is really horrible looking and I can never get it to look right. I'm thinking of trying hair products. But I don't know anything about them. What can I do that's simple for someone who doesn't know about this stuff?

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Get hair cream if your new to it, not gel coz gel like blodges it all up.

Have you got a pic of your head? Coz your headless pic doesn't help :lol:

3. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still too paranoid to post my face on here! :frowning2:

Anyway the main thing is that it's really fine. Also it doesn't stay where I put it, it keeps sticking out in bits in a messy way. I've combed it in one direction so long that it refuses to go the other way.

4. lostinthought9

Sounds like the same problems with my hair. Sorry, no advice from me. I decided that I'm having a bad hair life, and just wear a cap! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But seriously, it's going to be hard for people to help you if they can't see what your hair looks like. I'm not pressuring you or anything, just saying. :slight_smile:

5. TheWanderer

Aveda for men. aveda - official site - shop online or find a salon

also, go to a salon, any good stylist will be able to work with you and your hair to help you with something nice.

#5 TheWanderer, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  6. Ridiculous

Anyone who says they can make their hair look good without something in it is a liar!

What I use is just some cheap mousse/gel (not the clear stuff that sets hard, that never looks good). I dampen my hair and mix some of the product in my hands with a little water. Then just run it through my hair until it is nicely applied all over (because it is mixed with water it is quite thin), and leave it for about 5 minutes so it dries out a bit. You can use a comb to get it through better at this point.

After it has dried a bit, you can put it in the right position with slightly wet hands. If you let it dry before styling then it seems to stay in the right position longer.