1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in God/ belong to a religion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Just wondering, cause we were learning about catholic shizzle in r.e today and just the way she was saying everything, it just seemed like something out of a magic spell book or something =/ only thing that lesson did for me was make me an even stronger atheist - besides that little portion of religion, i just generally disagree with it all. Im not going to be naive as to say that it creates wars - humans create wars, but rather that it is a tool to justify them.

Also the fact that it is another thing to use for the "gay is immoral" thing.

Im sure this will turn into a lovely discussion, so shoot!

2. 24601

I feel the same as you do.

3. EthanS

EthanS Guest

i kina belieive on god but im not religious but i like budism even if i dont follow it

4. Grof142007

I like Buddhism to but don't follow. as far as believing in god No but i don't doubt that some higher being is above us or something. The Whole Evolution thing is kinda sketchy

5. Ty

Ty Guest

I prefer evolution to the idea that i was made directly from dirt and im sure females dont like the idea of being made from a mans rib.

6. Spark

Spark Guest

I havent believed in god for a while (probabaly since fourth grade). i havent told my parents or family, i dont know how my grandma wopuld take it lol.

7. MarkNYC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Technically, I'm Jewish, but I don't believe in a God

8. InaRut

I choose to believe in god for the comfort and hope that there is something out there. That there is more to life and death then what we percieve. And I'm not tottaly against Catholisism or Christanity. I'm against the people who twist the words to be way to literal or to use it to justify their own morals. I think that the Bible has alot of great stories but they are to be interpreted by the individual for their own personal meaning. Just read the bible, get what you will from it, but don't use it's words to distrupt the beliefs of someone else.

That's my view.
    Oh god...I just said "VIEW" now this conversation is like that HORRIBLE television show! I'm so sorry!

9. xxAngelOnFirexx

i beleive in a higher power that i simply label as 'God' i hate teh prospect of religion. watch "What the Bleep do We Know" it sums up my beliefs. which i odd because i came up with all the ideas mentioned before i ever heard anyone else on it. (its a movie) um but alot of my beielfs followe Wicca. i even practive rituals once and a while on special occasions.

10. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I dont believe in god because there is no proof i prayed to him and nothing happened so yeah. And if he forgives people why didnt he forgive adam and eve? And to me Religion was made up to set down morals and rules so people could follow them and not commit bad deeds so goverments can have power. And it's kinda hard to believe that were the only ones in this big big big whole universe.

11. Ty

Ty Guest

I think humans have a need to find meaning in the meaningless - i believe everything can be proven by science. Just because we don't understand something at the moment, doesn't mean that some ominous being performed it.

12. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

But its kinda nice to believe in magic and stuff....never know you might catch a lepercaun lol. And yeah i agree witht hatcrazythang its a way for people to be hopeful.

13. Ty

Ty Guest

I believe that if you need hope to live, then your not really living...i think religion should be slowly discarded as we move into this modern age. we don't need such closed mindness.

14. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I think people should just not try to force it down our throats we should be raised with out it and if you want to practice a religion you can choose at a certain age when your old enough. And i think keeping the religion is important a shame loosing culture and beliefs. Like loosing Egyptian religion =[. But yeah.

15. Ty

Ty Guest

well let them die out like most pagan religions.

16. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

But i dont want them to die out =[. We should keep them alive just ...who ever wants to practice it can do so. And...one thing i do agree with is...WE NEED TO TAKE THE VATICAN DOWN!

17. InaRut

Scary fact:
    Rome fires: In the book of revelations.
    My friends read it, and alot of the shit that's going on right now is in that boook. And in alot of religions and sci-fi novels (lol) there is a certain year in the 2000-2100 that alot of bad things (some good) are suppose to happen. I found it on WIKI once and got a chill down my spine.

And the worst part...apparently when the apocolypse is happening the church will be far to corrupt by Satan to allow us to save ourselves. Now how is that fair.

But that's all supersticious mumbo Jumbo....

Or is it ;-)
    DUN DUN DUN....

And why do we need to take the vatican down?

18. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Sir Isaac Newton was also a God follower and made a date for the apocolypse according to the Book Of Revelations..his date 2067. Another phicic (sp?) lady umm i forgot her name shes on the show montel predicted we will contact aliens,find the lost city of atlantis, the third antichrist will be born and he will run the world making us all slaves so far the two past leaders have been Adolf Hitler and i think...Napolean?

19. InaRut

Oh yah and there is all that stuff Nostradamus "predicted?" lol
    LOL the tv show thunderbird's takes place during the 2060's. If we have the apocolypse then surely there puppet power can save us!

20. xxAngelOnFirexx

you don't believe things because your inner self is to afriad to beleive it. but also you do believe things and are too afriad to change. i didn't believe in heaven and hell until i had personal experience. i am a concrete person. i need to see to beleive. i have doubts on God and i really don't beleive in Jesus at all. I also think that the bible is a book that should not be used as a guideline to our lives. here is my big basis of beleif of death: we all see and experience what we beleived through out our lines. our mind is the most powerful thing ever. again see that movie i recommended up there ^ it seriously is awesome. its not religious. it gives you a lot to think about. its not to convert just to show you how strong the mind and how awesomethings can be influenced by thoughts. it tells how addictions happen (it even shows computer animations!) it tells us how we think. you know the science of how your brain sends a message to the nerves in your leg to make it work. but why does your brain decide to move your leg? its really awesome and i wish i could just send a link. you might want to check youtube. it always seems to have stuff.