1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rainbow Delegation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whatsnormal7, Jun 3, 2011.

1. whatsnormal7

I got my rainbow delegation bracelet in the mail today and I love wearing it but at the same time I feel nervous that I am going to get questions about it. Has anyone worn one and gotten questions. If I do get questions but I am not ready to come out what should I say? :confused:

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I personally have never gotten questions while wearing any pride gear, but I do live in a pretty progressive state. What I will say, though, is if you aren't ready to come out to anyone who might ask you about it, you shouldn't wear it. You can easily take it off and pocket it if you like wearing it in some settings but don't want to wear it in others, but in your position, I wouldn't wear it around anyone I was hesitant to come out to. You could say you wear it because you support gay rights, but if you are wearing it to broadcast your sexuality, don't wear it around anyone you wouldn't want to come out to.

3. Wolfy

I wear a bracelet that's rainbow and no one has ever questioned me about it. I've got a rainbow one, and next to it on my wrist is the Day Of Silence one.
    So, just wear it, and say that you just like rainbows, or colours, or you support the Lgbt community. Don't give off anything that you are.
    No one knows I'm Trans, and I've never been questioned about it.

4. x2x2x2x2y2

I've never gotten any questions or comments, although almost everyone I know know's I'm gay. Just be prepared for questions/comments, and if you get too nervous, you could always pull the bracelet off.

It took me a while to wear the bracelet comfortably. Don't push yourself too hard. :slight_smile:

5. TheWanderer

i had a rainbow pin in college and was asked about it/me. At the time I wasn't sure about me so all I said is I believe in awareness and the right for people to express themselves.

6. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

Woah! Rainbow delegation, the meaning behind it is amazing, and that they are going to for free. simply amazing. how long did it take for you to receive your bracelet?

7. whatsnormal7

Um about 2 weeks maybe 2 1/2

8. Jagster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just ordered a wristband. But I'm not going to find much of a problem wearing it out in public. :3

9. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hadn't heard of them until you mentioned them but I just love what they're doing it's a fantastic idea! I've donated $10 to them because I think it's a great service that they're doing for everyone :slight_smile: I'll be wearing their band alongside my FKH8 one at my other rainbow bracelets when it arrives :3

As for feeling nervous about getting questions, I wouldn't worry, I've gotten questioned probably twice in al the years that I wear rainbow bits and pieces. I just tell them the truth: I'm a supporter of gay rights and equality. If you're not ready to come out, you could say that or just say you like the rainbow pattern or indeed not wear it if you think you'll get the questions. Don't push yourself to wear it if it's doing to be uncomfortable or stressful though :slight_smile: