1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explain Yourself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kerze, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I couldn't find a thread like this but I may be wrong. How/why did you choose your username/avatar/signature/user title thing?

My username just comes from a song I was listening to when I signed up to this site, and my Avatar is from the same series of paintings that was used one the covers of Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth, but with three candles, cos it's my favorite number. My signature is the first few lines of 'The Waste Land' by T.S. Eliot, while my title is the last line of the same poem.

2. Idonteven

I chose my username because I didn't think I'd stick around so anything random would do. My avatar because, well he's awesome and I don't have a signature. My user title because its probably true.

3. crystaltriforce

my username is from both final fantasy and the legend of Zelda, my current avatar is Tama from Hayate the Combat Butler (but i usually change it every now and then), and my signature is something one of my friends said when i met him.

4. Flyers2011

My user name is my school's nickname and the year I graduated :slight_smile:

5. RedState

A Red State is a political term used in the United States to describe a staunch Republican voting state.
    I think every state should vote Republican :slight_smile:

6. Rikudo

Rikudo means sixth,my avy is the Rinnegan with it's six paths, and my signature is Pain from the Naruto series along with a quote of his. Because none of us go through life without feeling pain.

7. Keelin

My username is the name I chose for myself, the avatar is because I like girly anime, and the signature is referring t

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2011 at 03:57 PM ----------

o being trans.

I Pod is glitchy ugh

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I was 11 when I signed up for my first online community: GameFAQs, a video game website. A lot of the people on the forums has usernames referencing specific games or characters. I, however, considered myself more of an eclectic, general gamer, and I wanted a username that simply said "I am a gamer". Of course, I wanted a more creative way to say it, and at my young age, I figured grammatical incorrectness counted as creativity. Since then, it's been one of my commonly used usernames on the interwebs.

My avatar is the blank philosoraptor template. Philosoraptor is one of the more thoughtful memes out there, so it's a combination of thoughtfulness and the internet, two things that play a big part in my life. Here's an example of one.

[​IMG]

My signature is one of my favorite quotes, as well as a quote that I think certainly applies to its responsible use. In fact, that final quote sums up the source of the depression I went through years ago (something that had a profound impact on my life) quite well.

My user title is just something I consider myself. I philosophize about a lot of things (hence my signature and avatar), and the Socratic method of philosophizing is something I use a lot in my daily life.

9. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My username is the name of a famous mathematician, who was gay.
    My avatar is because I wanted to be like her when i saw that movie....and it was one of the first few offered on the avatar choosing page.
    I don't have a signature or user title.

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

My name .. Well I like the word Zen

My title .. Well I have ADD ( atleast I think I do :lol: )

My Sig.. Well . I can relate

My Avi.. I like Okami! and I feel like I'm wearing a mask in life

11. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My name is a nickname, my avatar is the only part of myself I like, my sig is a quote I found online, and songlyrics I altered, and my usertitle is cos it's true...

12. Beertruck

I needed some quick advice, went to my go-to online handle and realized I shouldn't use it quite yet (I had just come out the day before). Looked around my room, saw the vintage beer platter I had and a picture of my old car. The beer part was good because I like beer... but Beercar sounded lame. Went with truck, the rest is history.

My avatars are seasonal. So far I had a drunk guy, drunk turkey, drunk Santa, drunk snowman, and drunk dog. I should get a summer one soon. What do you guys think: drunk sun or drunk guy on the beach?

13. Shulk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Username is a character from an anime called Gurren Lagann. Avatar is the same character. He's just so awesome and EXTREMELY sexy. Plus I act like him sometimes.

14. StarofMiyu

mah name because I'm a star and because my name is Miyu, plus I don't have an avatar cause I haven't transitioned yet. and I don't want a siggy:slight_smile:

15. Bolin

Taec Yeon is a Korean rapper/singer and a member of the Korean boy band 2PM. "Oppa" is like calling your boyfriend or husband "honey" or "dear" in Korean (somewhat).

My avatar is a YouTube comedian named Craigery Morgan. PS: He's taken. You cannot have him. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Nodnarb

My username is my real name (Brandon) spelled backwards. For whatever reason, some of my friends started calling me by it back in high school.

My avatar...well, somebody on another forum I post on used to have it as their avatar, and I always fell for it. I loved it, so I thought I'd use it here.

My signature is from my high school calculus class. Our teacher would write random lines/sayings on the board every day, some were silly and others were motivational. I really liked this one, and I thought it fit with the whole concept of EC. I'm not sure where it's originally from.

And my title is from something posted on EC awhile back that I thought was entertaining.

17. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Username: This coincides with my blog post yesterday.

Avatar: I like question marks, and it goes with my username, so every avatar I have used has been a man, usually nicely dressed, with a question mark in the picture.

User Title: Something V128 said in chat when trying to sound out こんばんはand I found it pretty funny.

Signature: A picture from this Magic Hugs video.
    I love Magic Hugs (They're a comedy group) and really enjoyed this line from that sketch.

18. Totoro

Totoro... From the greatness that is Myazaki :slight_smile:

19. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My username was something thats just popped into my head one day watching tv at in my friends apartment. No reason why it came up,but i decided to give it some meaning that I thought worked out well.

I.L.A.Y.I.S.
    I'm Looking At You In Sin
    Interesting note: Somebody on this site yrs ago found that in a different order it spelled i slay i....which I wasn't even aware of. Shows how much I really looked at or into the name.

20. steel03

Okay, don't laugh, because this could be the nerdiest thing you've ever heard. Back when Neopets was the place to be, my username was steelvenom2003 (because of the roller coaster Steel Venom, which opened at Valleyfair in Shakopee, MN, in 2003). Everybody called me steel, so now I use that or some variation of it for almost everything. I'm sorry you had to read that. D:
    The avatar is from Allie Brosh's AMAZING blog Hyperbole and a Half. Specifically from the entry "The Year Kenny Loggins Ruined Christmas," in which young Allie parades around the house as Mary and is upset that the adults aren't taking her seriously.
    The signature is an eminently quotable line from the eminently quotable (and otherwise completely badass) movie Mean Girls. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p51Ic7kgpA)