1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the differences between those 3 american political partys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

you have like liberal and...i dont know lol, i never really looked into american politics.

Anyone wanna explain to me?:slight_smile:

2. Tim C

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The Democratic Party is traditionally the party of the working class. It tends to favor programs that help the poor, that favor unions, that care about the plight of minorities including gay & lesbians. Democrats pushed through most of the civil rights bills of the 60's, they launched us into space and they have fought to push through all the legislation that has favored the rights of gay & lesbians.

The Republican Party is traditionally the party of the upper class. It favors a more conservative agenda that believes that taxing the rich at a higher rate to help the poor is bad for business.They believe in traditional values, that we have to uphold the morality of the past.

We only have two political parties in this country that ever win elections. Hope that helps...

3. Psych!

Psych! Guest

So... people "complain" about Gay Republicans 'cause they're going against themselves?

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

So to compare with the UK parties, the Democrats are similar to Labour and the Republicans are similar to the Conservatives.

Labour became "New Labour" with more central policies under Tony Blair. The Conservatives seem to be moving towards the middle ground too, so it is becoming more difficult to separate their published policies.

We also have the Liberal Democrats who are supposed to be middle-ground, the Green Party (fairly obvious), British National Party (formally the National Front, extreme right wing, against anyone who is not British, white, straight, married and working), UK Independence Party (UKIP, who want to get the UK out of the EU) and numerous others who stand no chance of ever winning more than a handful of seats.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well pretty much. Most Republicans do not support rights for Gay Americans and vote against them so when one of them comes out of the woodwork as being gay, they catch fire.

6. Jeimuzu

Monster raving loonies!

I'm totally Lib Dem. The others are out of ideas, and out of time. After all, we let the Tories in, and look what Thatcher did! We let Labour in, and look what Blair did! I honestly think it's long past time we looked at other options.

As for american politics, the best was to think of it is, from our perspective at least, that Democrats are the nice guys, and Republicans are homophobes.

7. justjoshoh

Whereas, I agree that those two parties when the federal elections, with the exception of the 2 independents in the Senate and 1 independent in the House, there are people that win elections that represent the minor parties. I know of 2 long-time serving Libertarians in my home state alone.

Libertarians, by the way, are conservative on fiscal issues and liberal on social issues. Libertarians understand that the role of government should be limited and dedicated to personal freedom and civil liberties.

8. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I honestly don't get why they would do that.
    Maybe it's 'cause they don't want to be.
    But to each his own.

9. EthanS

EthanS Guest

O no.. i have no idea bout politics, part from tony blair

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Its Gordon Brown now, deary

11. EthanS

EthanS Guest

O da fat one, i heard hes doin bad

12. Nicknikko

LMAO!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Jeimuzu

He's not John Prescott :wink:

David Cameron is a posh little git pretending he's all about helping the people, and Gordon Brown hasn't seemingly got much of a clue what he's doing. He's like Tony Blair but without the seemingly glowing confidence and charisma of Tony Blair, that got steadily drained from him the longer he was in office...

14. EthanS

EthanS Guest

ARGH!!! i hate David Cameron

15. Ty

Ty Guest

Im not sure, but is david cameron the one from oxford?

Ah yes, checked wikipedia, and it was him.

He works as part of oxfordshires political...something lol

He knocked on our door once, like he did to many others, as a part of his political campaign, he was asking everyone whose house he knocked if there were problems in the area or suggestions for changes blah blah blah

#15 Ty, Nov 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
  16. EthanS

EthanS Guest

hes da one wiv da scalli feeling his weener and sticking his hand at him wiv his gun hand gesture it was on da news