1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reason #5837204 that I don't want to marry a dude...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IThinkInCircles, Jun 5, 2011.

1. IThinkInCircles

#1: Has anyone else noticed that straight guys do not take instruction AT ALL? Whether it's asking domestic housework favors or asking for driving directions, or ANYTHING other command-like statements that even imply they are not unquestionably superior at everything they do?

Or is it just old stubborn guys like my father?

I asked not to do ANY of my laundry while I was away this evening, so I could separate it and wash it properly (and then hang some of it up to dry NOT in a machine), and then he did ALL of it and wrecked a bunch of my new dressy work clothes. It seems stupid, but he does this all the time and I'm pissed off almost of the point of unmanageability.:tantrum:

#2: I miss my mom. :icon_sad:

2. Shevanel

I think it's pretty wrong to generalize about straight guys like that. There are plenty of really nice guys out there. I'm sorry that your father seems to be frustrating you, and screwed up your clothes, but don't let the rage caused from one person to spread to the general group of people this one person may belong to.

3. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

i agree with Shevanel, its wrong to generalize against straight guys like this. I know plenty of them who can take direction and execute just as well as give orders

4. starfish

Wait a second. You asked him not to laundry as you would do it latter.

So

1. He didn't listen to you.
    2. He did laundry that was not required.

If he is the stereotypical straight guy. He can listen to you and not do laundry, thus breaking the stereotype by listening to you. The other option is to not listen to you, fulfilling the stereotype, but help around the house breaking the stereotype.

No wonder your laundry got messed you. You created a paradox. We're all lucky this potentially could have destroyed the universe. Ok that is bit of a hyperbole. The destruction would have likely been limited to our galaxy.

Next time on your way out say I have started laundry please put it in the dryer. He will listen, but forget to do it. Thus your clothes will be safe and the galaxy safe from paradoxes.

#4 starfish, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  5. IThinkInCircles

Whew. my apologies. question withdrawn.

6. Enaithor

Don't worry, just try not to break the universe!

7. Hexagon

Its not just straight guys. I'm a certified serial offender. And I don't do it on purpose either. My mum gets so frustrated :slight_smile:

8. Monica

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I totally agree with you. My dad is the exact same way: the minute I ask him where he put my ____ he gets defensive. "I didn't take it!!"
    he also does that laundry thing. He puts lacy bras and casmare sweaters in the same load of laundry, then dumps it all in the drier. Any time I try to point anything like that out, he tells me that I'm "Lying." Lying! Really!! Because I spend my free time thinking up ways to lie about him.

9. theWorldisYours

Is it possible that your dad just did your laundry for you, because he thought he was helping you out? I know you said you told him not to, but maybe he just thought it could make your day easier. If you haven't already, explain why you want to do it yourself.