1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'Dad Problem'

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jason10, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jason10

Not sure this lends itself a whole thread but, yeah. It was recently my 16th birthday and as I'm sure you're aware, that means one thing in the eyes of a dad like mine. I'm legal. He came into my room and woke me up to say happy birthday. He then proceeded to say:

'Guess what, Jason! You're legal!'

I knew what he meant but I tried to steer it another way:

'Yeah, to buy a lottery ticket' I said.

To which he replied:

'No. Biologically you're legal. You're my little man!'

I cringed as my mum listened in on the whole thing. I hated it! I just wanted to say it there and then that his hopes of his 'little man' were slightly deluded. But hey, I thought it was obvious! If liking Lady GaGa, musicals and Glee aren't a big enough sign, his gaydar must be seriously faulty or I am great at hiding it. Either way it's horrible. I hate being the lost cause. Being the son that doesn't fulfil his wants in a son. I can't be that son and he'll never get it. It's just me and my sister and I blew his one chance of having a 'little man.'

Gosh... Being gay can really suck. Not that I didn't know already.

2. Shevanel

I don't see the problem here...? You're still a man if you're gay or not ya know?

3. CrayonWarrior

Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a similar problem, but i really don't care what my dad thinks
    When we were in Amsterdam all he was doing was making snide jokes about him giving me money to go to the brothels, as I'd never have sex any other time, and how he hoped they had a jigolo free for me

He doesn't even know yet. And if that's he way my dad wants to play it so be it
    To be honest I don't get on with men in general, as in men, not guys.
    There isna difference
    Back on topic, I get what you're on about and it's ok :/

4. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

You’re your dad’s little man. You would have been your dad’s little man even if you were gay or straight. His gaydar isn’t broken...it’s obvious you’re a dude, his “no duh meter” is working perfectly.

5. colmanic14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I completly understand. My dad is the exact same way. 0-0