1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't like the way i look v much

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Need to change! Im thinking of doing something different with my hair + dying it or bleaching it or something...maybe highlights? im bored of my appearance, its dull and plain and it kills me to look in the mirror.:confused:

2. Hydrogen

Assuming the picture in your profile is current, I say highlights.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Yeah that picture was taken like a month or two ago...maybe three =]

4. Louise

High lights would look good, are your parents up for high lights? If they are you could have lots of fun changing the colour of your hair regularly. The looks on the faces of the people around you are always worth the effort :lol:

On a more serious note and sorry to be mumsy but you look really nice to me. Either you need to change your mirror or your glasses (or get some!) What on earth can you find wrong with that lovely face of yours? You haven't got any horrible disfigurations or a huge nose big enough to poke someones eye out if you kissed them or ears like satelite dishes on the side of your head!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your looks, all you need a (*hug*) so here's loads to be going on with (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) :icon_bigg

5. Levi

Levi Guest

You look cute Ty, and highlights would be cool.

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Thanks =] But I Really Don't Feel Comfortable With Myself Most Of The Time.
    I Once Considered Growing My Hair A Bit Longer, But It Goes Funny Unfortunately -.-
    What Colour Highlights?

7. Levi

Levi Guest

hmm.. idk which colour.. I was thinking blond, but idk for sure. but my hair goes funny when I crow it longer as well.. whish is why I got a hair straightener so I can control it. And I've also learned how to use a hair dryer properly.. lol.. I'm very gay when it comes to hair, I learned a lot from looking at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfLZkcNLy0s

8. Louise

The most striking are blond because your hair is so dark. If you put bright red it should look good but you would have to bleach your hair first otherwise it will hardly show.

Any hair colours, other than blond of course, normally wash out in a few weeks but bleaching is more permanant, but if you don't like it you can always cut you hair shorter, it will always grow back again.

If you can afford to you need to get advice from a hairdresser. My daughter has dark hair like yours and it is the devils own job to dye it and for the colour to stay.

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Well, my hairs horribly dark, so the only way a colour will stay would be bleaching i think.

If i don't like it i can always dye my hair black again?

10. Levi

Levi Guest

Of course you could.. and also your hair would crow back if you cut it short so anything you do will only be temporarily. I think I'll dye my hair black btw.

11. Louise

Nope, sorry it doesn't really work like that, the bleach takes out all the colour so any other colour that you put on afterwards never stays for very long. If you bleached your hair, changed your mind and put back some dark colour after several washes you would have a horrid mud colour stuck on your head!

Start just with some high lights, they can look really good and because its just the tips of your hair you could cut them out if you didn't like them after a few weeks.

I'm just basing this info on the experiences I had with my daughter, a professional hairdresser will be able to give you better advice.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Oooh yay a hairdresser!

Okay urm ill see if highlights work, but im doubtful as to weather they'll come out bright or not...hmmm

13. Louise

Post us some pictures if you do :icon_bigg If you put blond highlights they will really show up. It's a question of taste but I think they look nice.

14. Ty

Ty Guest

Not too gay, is it? =p

15. Levi

Levi Guest

Ops! I didn't know this.. I'm a newbie as far as hair colouring goes.. Thanks for the info.

16. Levi

Levi Guest

Lots of boys at my school look a lot gayer than me.. and they're straight AFAIK... fwiw

17. Louise

Diffilcult for me to say, I live in France and it is certaily fine for boys to have highlights without everyone automatically thinking that he is gay but I don't know how it goes in England.

You could ask some of your mates what they think.

18. Louise

One last thing coz I gotta go now ; the style and cut of your hair can completely change your look. Have you thought of drasticly changing you hair cut before trying colours and see if that has the desired effect.

When my son cut his hair most people who knew him did a double take when they first saw him, it was amazing.

Anyway that's all for now, night night every one.

19. Ty

Ty Guest

Thanks Louise =]
    Any styles that people could reccomend? (my picture is in my profile)

20. Levi

Levi Guest

idk.. but this is what I'm aiming for [​IMG] not that I'm into emo culture or anything.. I just really like the hairstyle. I really think it would look good on you though.. oh and with an earring.. well that would look kinda gay i guess.. but so what :slight_smile: