1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK News Story: Homophobic killer jailed for life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Full story here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7090628.stm

They deserved all they got, and more.

2. EthanS

EthanS Guest

:eek: :eek: :***: :***: :***: :***: :tantrum: :bang:

3. pirateninja

16 and 9 years! Fuck me! The bastards got off lightly!

4. Ty

Ty Guest

Another reason to be weary of coming out....

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's a decision between spending your whole life unhappy in the closet or coming out, being yourself and enjoying life. You are much more likely to be killed in a car accident than murdered, and most murders are not gay related anyway.

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Well... i might not even come out bcoz i dont relli think it matters that much.. and I HATE SCALLIESSS even da kid scallies r attackin ppl. Thety attack me and il beat da shi*t out of them :slight_smile:

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes it's the usual "life" sentence that will actually be between 10 and 20 years. :frowning2:

It'll be interesting (and probably depressing) to see what the tabloid papers do with this story tomorrow....

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It's sad stuff like this still happens. Do you have hate crimes laws over there Paul?

9. CrimsonThunder

What would be funny is if someone tried to bash me because I'm bi is that they'd be the one drowning in their own blood.

Also, thats not jailed for life? Or was there something I mis-read.

Perth = Australia? or is there another perth.

10. BILL9854

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To be honest I have no idea if we have hate crime laws over here Becky, hehe, but I just wanted to make a quick comment about them now that we're on the subject :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It may sound strange for a gay person to say, but I think hate crime laws are kind of a bad idea... I mean, they basically destroy the whole idea of equality that minority groups want, because why should somebody be punished more harshly for killing a gay man than a straight man, or a black man than a white man?
    Surely all hate crime laws do is further the idea that minority groups like gays and coloured people ARE different, when we're not.
    The law should be the same for everyone.

It just so happens that the English law system isn't really very strict, in my opinion 'life' should actually mean life in prison...