1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changes in life..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Danny19, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Danny19

I just wanted to post this just for fun..

I was thinking how much life changes in a short period of time. Since i started college and came out i have had quite a few changes

-my first college friend who i was almost best friends with turned into someone i dislike.
    -the guy i thought i kinda liked turned into someone i definitely dislike more
    -my friend turned into my bestest friend
    -my classmate also became my bestest friend
    -im more confident in myself.
    -i was shy before college and now i was considered a class clown (in a good way, lol)which is hard to believe.
    -i gave my phone number to a guy. for the first time
    -im tougher, i say this cuz in high school i was a push over. now i actually stand up for myself
    - and the most important i accepted the fact that im gay and i came out to a lot of friends...

its weird to think back before all this because now its all different. what do you guys think? lol

what are your changes since you came out or you started school?

2. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    Nice topic :slight_smile:
    Since I came out...( well, came out to some)
    I became way closer to my best friend- there are no secrets now.
    I got the courage to make the decision to come out at school senior year.
    I realized that I have to let go of my family if I want to be happy
    I'm okay. Meaning, not only can I live with the fact, I can actually be happy accepting that I'm gay.

3. steel03

It's funny, almost all of these things are true of me. I was really good friends with this girl at the beginning of the year and she ended up transferring at semester and unfriending me on Facebook without telling me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Whatever, haha, I am way closer to my new group. Isn't it incredible how different everything is now?

4. BlueFoxfireS8

It sounds like everything's gone good for you. (*hug*) Except for the disliking some people part but it probably was for the best. After all, some people you just really can't get along with. :dry:

On another note, it's really nice to hear someone else's life get good. College wasn't so easy for me, I had to go through a lot of teasing for whatever reason but I'm over it now. :thumbsup:

5. Tracy Lord

That's so awesome, Danny. I wish I could have admitted who I am to myself at your age. You talked about feeling like you were missing something, etc, in that other thread, but you should feel good about the fact that you are *way* ahead of where I was at that age in terms of knowing who you are.

What I'm noticing is that in spite of whatever knowledge and experience and maturity I've gained, there are ways in which my emotional growth was totally stunted because I was suppressing a very real part of who I am. As a result, there are some posts from teenagers here that I totally identify with. So, on one level, I have the emotional maturity of a fairly well-adjusted 40 year old. On another level, I'm just as confused as any teenager just beginning to sort out their sexuality.

What I'm saying is that in whatever ways you're nervous about the future, when you're my age, you're going to be 20 years ahead of the game in terms of knowing yourself and developing as a whole person. Which I think is pretty great.

Hopefully, the next generation won't have to struggle quite as much. But if they do, you'll be there for them with a couple decades worth of experience and wisdom.

6. Danny19

Daryn- it is huh..lol.. that sounds great. isn't such a good feeling?

Steel03- yea i forget about those ppl.. cuz they r lamos..lol.. yea it is. really different, and for the best

bluefoxfires8- yea it is. nah i just got to see the real ppl they r. i dont care for them..lol. the guy was a total asshole. im way outta his league..lol. sucks about the college thing. but its good that ur over it..

CKDHaven- i like wat you put.. your older but hey its never too late for anything. :slight_smile:
    and yea hopefully the next generation has it easier than a lot of us did.. we can all help if its not

7. TraceElement

In the last 3 months I:
    -Came out to at least 6 or 7 people (considering that in 18 months prior I came out to all of... 3?)
    -Cut my hair very short
    -became very close to a new coworker
    -became very aware of how much of a walking contradiction I am.
    -started into some behaviors that are doing way more harm than good that I am not ready to confront

8. EndlessMusic

EndlessMusic Guest

ohhh what an interesting topic!
    Congratulations on everyone's achievements! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: wish i could do some of them
    hmmm the Past year's achievements I have achieved/realised
    - Achieved coming out to ten close friends
    - Realising that i'm not alone / There's others that know what i'm going through (thanks EC)
    - Realised who my real friends are
    - Realising what sets me off, and avoid those situations :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    - Realised i can be happy even if i'm gay
    - Achieved the will to live life as happy as can be!
    - Realised must become more dedicated to homework (failed my first test)
    - Moving on and forgiving. Cause Shit Happens! P: