1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pseudojim, Jun 13, 2011.

?

Do you like/support Sarah Palin?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. No

71 vote(s)
    94.7%
  1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to refrain from my usual pompous tirade and just leave this as it lies.

2. Shevanel

I don't know many, if any at all, that do. I don't think she's an evil person or anything, she is just definitely not fit to run this country, and I'm quite sure she won't get as close as she did in 2008 ever again. She knows how to get into the media spotlight, and she does it well. She likes being there too. That's all it is. She's a phenomenon that will go away soon, when a more realistic female presidential candidate comes into view, and perhaps even attains presidency.

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i so, so hope you're right

4. Tracy Lord

Back in February, some journalist wrote a column about how he felt she was getting too much attention paid to her by the media. So he made a pledge not to mention her at all for a month. So I decided not to read anything about her for a month.

It felt so good that I decided to continue not consuming news about her. The only reason anyone still pays attention to her is, because, well, people pay attention to her. She's not an elected official; she's not even running for office. She does reality TV and talks on Fox News and writes facebook updates. So, the sooner people stop paying attention to her, the sooner she goes away.

But I get it. It's like not being able to look away from a horrible car wreck. Still, my life is much more peaceful now now that I don't consume Sarah Palin news anymore.

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    jim likes this =D

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2011 at 01:50 AM ----------

[youtube]jMyNk8J1c8g[/youtube]

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I regard her as a bit of a sociological experiment. "Would the American public take to their heart somebody like this? Somebody with not much to offer other than 'just us folks' attitude, rudimentary personality, and a modicum of charm?" She also has that GWB deer-in-the-headlights response to press conferences and interviews. She looks like a seventh-grader being forced to give an oral report.

Believe it or not, I was positive America would "cotton" to her. America - and the GOP in particular - has a long-standing aversion to both intelligence and "politicians". We tend to take democracy to its logical conclusion that our politicians should really be "one of us" - that they shouldn't be any smarter or well-versed in politics than any average American. As such, Sarah Palin on paper seemed to be the perfect candidate. Whether she's well-versed in politics or not, she certainly comes across as not being so, and her basic persona seems to be "average housewife becomes governor of state". Given that, I thought America would consider her the epitome of democracy in action, and push her straight into the White House in 2012. In fact, I'm still not convinced this isn't the case. I know the general consensus is that she's somewhat of a joke, but if there's one thing I've learned watching American politics in the last thirty-some years, it's how amazingly short-term our collective memory is, how quick we are to forgive when we want to, and how fickle we can be. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I don't like her at all. Nor does she scare me. She does not do well when faced with important questions at all. Even if she won the Republican nominee for president in 2012, Obama would win with ease. He is very good at speaking. Those presidential debates would be classic humor if it was Palin vs. Obama :lol:

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it pains me to watch her speak, I can't understand how people could WANT her to ru for president, she clearly is an idiot.
    On her tour of the USA she was asked what she has seen and what she has learned then later said the question trapped her.

9. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Pretty much sums it up....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_fmvbDvN5Y[/YOUTUBE]

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Palin only got as close as she did because McCain made her his VP Candidate. Going for President...I don't even think she'll stand a chance at getting the Presidential bid for the Republicans. Like I think the ONLY reason they would even go through with it is if the Republican Party wanted more publicity.

11. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

She talks like she has no idea what she's saying. She's as dumb as Bush jr.

12. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, she makes good TV and fun politics. So, to an extent, I am happy that she exists.

The Umbrella Parties make American politics really boring, from my perspective. At least Sarah Palin is a polarizing figure with a half visible ideology.

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, she makes GWB look like an intellectual, and that's almost impossible. :slight_smile: Hell, she makes Dan Quayle look like a Rhodes Scholar.

14. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, Quayle wasn't THAAAT bad. He was gaffe-prone... and a horrible speller... but still.

15. Shevanel

Well at least Bush has a few esteemed college degrees. >_>

16. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I don't like Sarah Palin, I don't respect what she says, and I find it extrememly challenging to respect people even in my extended family who like her.

That said, I would like if she ran for president on the Republican ticket, thereby guaranteeing Obama would get another term.

17. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like her in politics one bit. She always sounds like she doesn't know what she is talking about and obviously can't handle pressure.

I don't know why anybody in their right mind would want to vote for her as president when she buckles under the stresses of the media invading her personal life and quits being Governor because of it and other reasons.

Even though I would love a woman president,the last thing we need is for her to become president,buckle under the pressures of whatever it is and make our country look like fools for being led by a quitter!!!!

18. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're so right about that. In retrospect, definitely seemed more intelligent than GWB.

Two of my favorite quotes about Sarah Palin (not quite verbatim, but close:slight_smile:

"I've often said that the Governor's political ambition, compared to her intellect, is sort of like strapping a jet engine to a golf cart"

"Sarah Palin is not stupid. She is willfully, intentionally ignorant."

19. haelmarie

I am the only person who voted yes :>

95% of the hate she gets is directed towards her because she is a woman.

20. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is this a joke or are you being serious?