1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dudeeee how do you hook up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bananas, Jun 18, 2011.

1. bananas

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    im hooking up with this really hot guy but i dont know how to im so ashamed to tell him that i have never hooked up before :|:confused:

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    everyone has a first time

3. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, I see you're new here, welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

Now, I hope you don't mind, but I see from your previous post that you're 15. I can tell you now what I really think first and foremost; it's really a little early to start hooking up with guys at your age.

I don't wish to sound harsh, but that's the way it is for nearly everyone your age - there's a tonne of more talk about hooking up than the actual hooking up that went on and peer-pressure's a nasty thing to have to feel. I can say this from personal experience looking back three years ago; everyone's got over that sort of stage and many have admitted that when they were 14/15 and said they hooked up with so-and-so they didn't really... and a HUGE number of people have said this.

I say this because, playing a little detective game here, you're worried and anxious about this? Is someone pressuring you, perhaps this guy or friends even just edging you on?

Don't be afraid to say no and don't feel like you ought to be hooking-up it's own sake. It's your life and you play by your rules, you dictate how fast you want it to go. So be careful and stay sensible, it doesn't matter what people think of you, they can't tell you when you're ready to do something or not. You only have one chance at now, so don't do something that you regret doing or will do; put it this way, there's no rush to do this, you've got your whole life a head of you. I didn't hook-up with anyone until I was 17, just under a year ago, and a lot will change and happen in two years, even though it may not sound like a long time at all.

The best relationships are biased on honesty and trust; the simple answer to your question is tell him that you've never hooked up and if he's an honourable guy he shouldn't rush you and allow you to go at your own pace. If he's not or says something like, "Oh come on, it's nothing..." or anything like that that gives you the impression that he's not got your best interests at heart, you leave his ass and get out of there, it's never a situation you need to find yourself in. Ever.

I'm sure others will give their opinion on this, but I'm just naturally cautious for your sake, call it gut-instinct.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with Rosina. In my opinion the only thing a 15 year old should be hooking up is a stereo. But if it is advice you seek, I will tell you what I'd do in your situation:

As things start getting hot, tell him you've never done it before. If he's any kind of gentleman he'll respect that and help you out. Communicate too, if something feels good (or doesn't - especially if it hurts) then let him know! And good gravy use protection, no matter if he's your 1st or your 40th.

And if at any point you're starting to feel overwhelmed and want to stop - then let him know. Any sexual partner worth the time and energy it takes to get ready for that sort of thing should be able to respect your boundaries and the fact that you're a beginner.

Also, try not to forget, it is supposed to be fun. So while all these rules are definitely something to keep in mind, you should be enjoying yourself too.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How old is the person you're hooking up with? How did you meet him? What do you know about him? Sorry for all the questions, but these are all important things to consider when you're meeting someone.

I know it may seem like this is the most wonderful person in the world and would never do anything to hurt you but... particularly since you haven't done this before, you owe it to yourself to take some precautions to ensure your safety.

If you can tell us a little more about the situation, we can better help you to make smart choices for yourself.

6. bananas

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    this person is sixteen ive known him for years and i basically know evrything about him.

7. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Assuming you've actually known him in person all this time (like through school or something) and not just over the 'net, then it's better than it initially sounded.

I tend to agree with the other posters that you would be best off waiting, but if you're insistent on going forward with this, then the best advice I can give you is go slowly, and go only as far as you feel comfortable with going, and use protection.

8. bananas

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hooking up means kissing tem with toungue not haveing sex with them and yeahhh ...

9. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should've made the title how do you make out then, not how do you hook up. :/ Hooking up in the adult world is having sex. x.x

And btw I have nothing for you, but I'm just saying.

10. bananas

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

yeaaaah well i did say im 15

11. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ... and that's why everyone in the thread was concerned. 15 year olds making out is nothing problematic. 15 year olds hooking up is :slight_smile:

12. starfish

Don't sweat it. I was quite a bit older than you the first time I made out with someone. Took me all of 5 seconds to figure it out.

13. bananas

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

really?

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2011 at 05:11 PM ----------

well the term that us youngens use is hooking up :slight_smile: :icon_bigg

14. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

I am not too much older than you are. In my area/school however, hooking up, is sex.

So, I looked it up on Urban Dictionary and what I found among the various entries is that hooking up is
    and

So it goes as far as how much you trust Urban Dictionary :grin: