1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sympathy gift?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Danny19, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Danny19

ok so my best friend lost her grandma today and she was really depressed. i tried comforting her and making sure she knew i was here for anything. now i wanna get her and her mom something... i was thinking flowers but idk if its appropriate for that. what do you guys think?? and do you guys have any other ideas?

idk if im posting it in the right place

2. Eleanor Rigby

Flowers would be nice. Keep it simple and maybe add an handwritted card letting them know you're thinking of them.

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still keep the cards I got from when my dad passed away. Just reading that people are thinking of you has a way of making you feel at least a little bit consoled.
    It might not seem like much, but a simple card with a couple of lines is the best gift, IMO

As is just trying to meet up and talk about it. If anything helped me coming to terms with the fact that my dad died, it was talking about it to friends.

Flowers are nice too, though I'd echo Cecile's feelings to keep it simple, in one or two colours.

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah getting flowers & a card is normal, and a nice way of showing you care :slight_smile:

5. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Buy them some high quality tea and make a pot to comfort them