1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I had a revelation last night

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tracy Lord, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Tracy Lord

As in a revelation from God. At first I thought it was a dream, and it was. I woke up, tossed and turned a bit, then went downstairs to get a glass of milk.

And as I was standing there in my kitchen, listening to an owl from somewhere in my backyard, I had the dream again. I thought maybe I was really asleep and only dreaming that I was standing in my kitchen drinking a glass of milk.

But, no, I was quite awake. And quite surprised to find God standing right in front of me.

I asked him why he was here.

"CK, I have decided to make you my prophet. I want you to start a new religion."

"A new religion?"

"Well, not a new religion, but a religion with a new focus."

"OK, this is pretty weird, but I'm listening."

"I want you to tell everyone who will listen that conservative religious types should not get married. It displeases me very much."

"Come again, Lord?"

"You heard me. I want to spread the word that it's a sin for conservative religious people to get married. Furthermore, I want you to take political action. I want you to work toward getting a law passed which would actually prevent them from getting married."

"Well, um, God, I know you're, like, omniscient and everything, so you probably know that this is America and we have some religious freedom rights? Even if I were to get enough people to agree with me, it's kind of against our Constitution to impose religious beliefs on other people. I mean, I'm perfectly free to believe that it is wrong for conservative religious people to get married, but there's no way I could get that enacted into law."

At that point, God just me gave a look like I wasn't too bright and maybe he'd picked the wrong guy to be his prophet.

Then he gave me the number of a well-connected lobbyist in Washington to whom he'd appeared the previous night--and vanished.

2. manderin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    woah... thats AWESOME!! but good job standing up to him like that :wink:

3. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure whether to believe....laugh...or just go huh?

5. Tracy Lord

I was just trying to highlight the absurdity of banning gay marriage in a country that supposedly has religious freedom.

6. AtmaWeapon

You should send that to NOM or something. Good story, though.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahhh I see, then good job my friend.